Summer is here; no matter the rainy days in-between, we all have to admit that at this time summer is on. If you’re not on holiday yet but you’re at the office or have to spend time at home you know what summer means: it’s hot inside!
A desk fan or a floor fan is very much welcomed in the office (and in our showroom in Archway, North London), but sometimes you have to go the extra mile and just get a ceiling fan installed. When we speak of ceiling fans we don’t refer to a ceiling extractor fan (like the Airflow, Manrose, Vent-Axia, Envirovent, or other extract fans) but a ceiling ventilation fans.
When considering what ceiling fan to order, here’s a minimal checklist:
- You have to use the fan all year round, not just in the summer.
- A light bulb on the fan would be nice (with a separate switch even nicer).
- The fan has to look good, otherwise you just won’t like it up there on the ceiling.
- There have to be more than one speed to the fan.
- The fan has to be big enough to ventilate the air yet small enough not to look like a helicopter on the ceiling.
The Colorful Turbo II Ceiling Fan from Westinghouse
Today we would like to recommend you a fan that will make both you and your family happy – the Westinghouse Turbo II ceiling ventilation fan. It comes with a high quality and virtually silent AC motor made of cold-rolled steel to ensure comfort throughout the year, and it has some really amazing features such as:
- This fan makes both children and adults happy, since it comes with two sets of 6 blades in “Colors of Young Generation” and “Colors of Youth” and white and maple. If you want a more colorful ceiling fan, all you have to do is install the appropriate blades; if you want it a bit more classy, install the maple or white blades. The white frosted glass light in the center harmoniously mixes with the maple, white, or colorful blades to highlight any modern interior or give a more discreet aspect to the ceiling fan.
- Summer and winter switch: you can switch between a comfortable cool climate in the summer and the optimum heat distribution during winter.
- Three speed levels: you can choose the speed of the air ventilation in a very convenient way between 250 rpm, 190 rpm, or 130 rpm.
- This 76cm ceiling fan is recommended for rooms up to 12 sqm, which should be OK for most living rooms in the UK.
- Turn the light on: this fan comes with an E14 lamp (which needs to be ordered separately) with a diffuser in case you need a discreet ceiling light during the operation of the fan (or when the fan is not ON).
- 10 year warranty: The motor has a 10 year extended manufacturer’s warranty.
- Convenient switching: the fan comes with an integrated pull cord switch, but you can also wire it to the wall switch or you can use the Westinghouse remote control.
- Great for DIY: the fan comes “in pieces”, you have to assemble it according to instructions (great for the DIY enthusiasts), but it needs to be installed by a registered electrician.
Enough talk about this ceiling fan: now let us see some pictures! Here’s how the Westinghouse Turbo II ceiling fan looks like – in both the colorful and the white and maple blades. You can purchase this fan via Sparks at the Ceiling Fans section, where you can also see more kinds of ceiling fans and more pictures.