After seeing the main features of the Lutron QS Control panel(customisable preset lighting control system), here are some of the “lighting control strategies” incorporated / that can be used in the Lutron QS systems. These various control strategies can provide the functionality and energy conservation needed for each space. While the preset scene control is inherent in all the Lutron Grafik Eye QS solutions, these additional strategies can be utilised independently or together.
Control Strategies for Lutron Grafik QS
- Lighting presets easily recall different scenes for different purposes;
- The preset scenes provide a convenient way to recall lighting (compared to making adjustments on multiple dimmers);
- Four preset scenes are available on the main preset control unit while 16 presets are available via additional wallstations.
- Quietly control daylight with precision and elegance at the touch of a button;
- Daylight is a source of light and needs to be controlled to provide the right light level for the activity and time of day;
- The blinds can be integrated with room presets or operated independently;
- Also, the blinds are available in both sheer and blackout materials.
- You can control lights and blinds automatically based on a user-defined schedule;
- The time clock control provides automatic changes at specific times throughout the day;
- The time clock control can be used to turn off lights and adjust blinds after-hours in spaces that are typically operated manually;
- The time clock events can be scheduled in real time or relative to sunrise and sunset.
- You have the lights turned on and off automatically based on room occupancy;
- Excellent way for energy saving(when no one is in the room, the light is off);
- The occupancy sensors reduce energy consumption by automatically shutting off lights in unoccupied spaces.
- Provide control points throughout a space;
- Typical locations include room entrances, presentation points, at bedside, or by a desk;
- The wallstations are available in a number of button configurations based on their function (on/off, preset, blind control, etc.);
- The wallstations also allow control of lights and blinds by toggle, preset scene, and raise/lower.
- Set lighting controls to adapt to changes in room configurations;
- The partitioning allows the lighting control to track how the walls of a flexible space change;
- Controls can be combined or separated manually as well as automatically via infrared partition sensors.
- Provide hand-held control for lights and blinds with an infrared remote control;
- Portable control can be a Lutron control or a “learnable” device such as a universal remote;
- Lighting presets and individual blind zones are accessible via the device.
- Integrate lights and blinds with A/V and building management systems;
- Provide access to the lighting presets and individual blind zones from an A/V system or building management system;
- The connection between the lighting control system and the A/V or building management system can be accomplished via RS232, ethernet, wired infrared, or contact closures.
Consult the guide to the Grafik QS preset scenes for the residential or the commercial environments, and see what is the Lutron QS Grafik system composed of. To purchase online the Lutron Grafik Eye QS, visit the Lutron Grafik Eye section or contact us.