1 Gang 13A Switched Socket in Nickel Silver Plate and Rocker with Plastic Insert
This is the Forbes and Lomax SS13M/NIC, a one gang 13A switched socket in nickel silver plate and rocker with plastic insert, manufactured by Forbes and Lomax.
Note: This item comes with a choice of white (SS13/NIC) or black (SS13/NIC/B) plastic trim; when ordering, please mention in the comments the desired trim at checkout.
About the Forbes and Lomax Socket Outlets
- Forbes and Lomax offers a full range of socket outlets and fused connection units; the socket types include 13A, 5A, 2A, and floor sockets.
- The 13A sockets are available as single or double sockets and they can be either switched or unswitched.
- The socket outlets from Forbes and Lomax are available in the Invisible Socket range, the Nickel Silver range, the Unlacquered Brass range, the Aged Brass range, the Antique Bronze range, the Verdigris range, the Stainless Steel range, and the Paintable range.
- They have a black or white plastic insert / trim, and there are matching metal rocker switches available on all the switched versions.
1 Gang Socket Outlet with Metal Rocker - Specs
- It is a single socket on a single gang plate coming with a metal rocker and plastic trim.
- Each socket complies with BS 1363-2: 1995 + A4:2014(and 1-3).
- Independent test certificates are held as follows: Panel mounted 1 gang and unswitched and 2 gang switched socket outlets - Certificate No: C12/43399-1
- Terminal markings present on housing for clearer information.
- The switched socket outlets have double insulated rockers.
- Switch contacts with silver contacts on both surfaces for good continuity.
- All the Forbes and Lomax socket outlest require British standard 35mm deep flush wall boxes.
- Dimensions: Depth 23mm, max. 4.64mm projection (with the rocker), 86mm width, 86mm height. Recommended Box Depth 35mm Minimum. Metal boxes to BS4662
- Supply voltage: 250V AC
- Current rating: 13A per socket outlet
- Terminal capacity: Live, Neutral & Earth, 3 x 2.5mm2, 3 x 4mm2, 2 x 6mm2 (stranded)
- Ambient Operating Temperature: -5 degrees to +40 degrees Celsius
- IP rating: IP2XD
- Max. installation altitude: 2000m
The Nickel Silver Range from Forbes and Lomax
- Nickel Silver first became popular in the 19th Century due to its similarity to Sterling Silver and was commonly used for various decorative items around the home.
- It has a permanent mirrored finish which creates a contemporary luxurious appearance which is warmer than chrome, making it more suitable for living areas either traditional or modern.
- At only 1.8mm thick the brushed stainless steel plates sit flush with the wall and suit contemporary interiors or kitchens.
|Switches & Sockets Specific|
|Back Box Depth||35mm|
|Brand||Forbes and Lomax|
|Insert||White or Black|
|Plate Dimensions||86mm x 86mm|
Need more detailed specs?
Sparks Direct delivers via courier to the UK only; the standard delivery charge is £6 + VAT for all orders under £100 + VAT. If your order is over £120, you get free delivery (unless there's a special delivery charge for the items you wish to order or you're in shipping zone C or D). Full details for shipping charges can be found via Terms and Conditions.
If the items you order are in stock and the order is placed before 1.00pm, delivery can be made within 1-2 working days. If the items are not in stock, we will inform you via email how long it will take or ask for your confirmation if there's a long lead time.
We offer 30-day returns for unwanted items - please email us to request a returns number which will need to be quoted when the items are returned. For faulty items or items damaged in transit, please advise via email, and an appropriate returns number will be provided. Full details concerning returns and refunds can be found via our Terms and Conditions.