1 Gang 2 Way 400W Rotary Dimmer Invisible Plate and Brass Knob, Leading Edge Dimmer
This is the Forbes and Lomax 1GRD4, a one gang two-way 400W rotary dimmer on an invisible plate and brass knob, manufactured by Forbes and Lomax (leading edge dimmer with Push ON/OFF switch function).
Please note: by default, the insert is unlacquered brass; it is shiny/polished brass, which after time becomes aged brass (there is a patina), which can be polished to become shiny again. The insert is unlacquered, designed to mellow with age if left unpolished to match older brass fittings in the home.
Note: This rotary dimmer is NOT suitable for LED dimming (it is not recommended to use with LED lamps); the LED dimmer in this finish is 1GTE250.
The Forbes and Lomax Dimmer Switch
- The Forbes and Lomax dimmer switches are 2-way and can dim either Halogen Lamps, LED Lamps or 0-10v lights. Dimmers can also act as dummy dimmers; they can be regular on/off 2 way or intermediate.
- However, dimmers cannot be combined with dolly switches or rocker switches.
- The Forbes and Lomax dimmer switches are available in the following finishes: the Unlacquered Brass Range, the Nickel Silver Range, the Verdigris Range, the Invisible Lightswitch® Range, the Antique Bronze Range, the Stainless Steel Range, the Aged Brass Range.
Technical Information - Dimmer Switch
- Standards: Conforms with IEC 669-2-1 or BSEN 60669-2-1
- All Forbes and Lomax rotary dimmer switches require British standard 35mm deep flush wall boxes (to be ordered separately).
- Plate dimensions: 1-2 gang 86mm x 86mm, 3-4 gang 146mm x 86mm, larger configurations 4-6 gang 146mm x 146mm.
The Invisible plate is inspired by the 1930s glass switches but with all the advantages of modern technology, the Invisible Lightswitch has become synonymous with Forbes & Lomax.
Switches and dimmers have 3mm bevelled transparent acrylic plates which are secured without the use of fixing screws. The plates are flush to the wall and are supplied with brass, nickel silver, stainless steel or antique bronze toggle switches, dimmer knobs or buttons.
0.5mm 'inner plates' of primed aluminium sit behind the Invisible plates which can be decorated in the same way as the walls giving the illusion that the wallpaper or paint finish runs seamlessly behind the switch plate. Invisible plates and rocker switches with 2mm thick acrylic plates complete the range.
Note: this dimmer is not suitable for use with trailing edge transformers.
|Switches & Sockets Specific|
|Back Box Depth||35mm|
|Brand||Forbes and Lomax|
|Plate Dimensions||86mm x 86mm|
Need more detailed specs?
Sparks Direct delivers via courier to the UK only; the standard delivery charge is £6 + VAT for all orders under £100 + VAT. If your order is over £120, you get free delivery (unless there's a special delivery charge for the items you wish to order or you're in shipping zone C or D). Full details for shipping charges can be found via Terms and Conditions.
If the items you order are in stock and the order is placed before 1.00pm, delivery can be made within 1-2 working days. If the items are not in stock, we will inform you via email how long it will take or ask for your confirmation if there's a long lead time.
We offer 30-day returns for unwanted items - please email us to request a returns number which will need to be quoted when the items are returned. For faulty items or items damaged in transit, please advise via email, and an appropriate returns number will be provided. Full details concerning returns and refunds can be found via our Terms and Conditions.