This is the Forbes and Lomax ABELL/VBR, a single gang architrave momentary switch button dimmer coming in a verdigris flat plate with matching button dimmer, manufactured by Forbes and Lomax.
- Finish: verdigris flat plate and verdigris button dimmer.
- The plates are hand finished to produce a slightly variable effect, making each plate unique which adds to the distinctive look.
- The Verdigris range has a rich aged bronze patina. Inspired by a visit to the museum at Mycenae, these bronze switches and sockets look stylish in both contemporary and traditional interiors.
- The Forbes and Lomax Momentary / contact closure switches require an in-line dimmer pack to enable them to work as a dimmer. They can be used for lighting control and home automation systems. The dimmer pack has to be located in an accessible void, out of earshot; any noise generated when dimming will come from the dimmer pack - no noise will be emitted from the switch itself.
- You can achieve multiple switching locations on one lighting circuit by wiring the buttons in parallel; all the locations must have momentary controls, and each location can be used to dim. However, you cannot use normal switches on the same circuit as the button dimmer.
- All momentary switches (contact-closure switches) require an in-line dimming pack to enable them to work as a dimmer, or a relay pack to have an ON/OFF function. The button dimmer controller allows dimming from more than one location, and it can be used to control home automation systems.
- Dimensions: 22.2mm diameter button dimmer, with no plastic trim.
- With this device you will also need to order the Forbes and Lomax 1715 Architrave Back-Box.
- The Button Dimmer Controller from Forbes & Lomax is a push-to-make momentary action switch that controls an In-Line Dimmer Pack. The system allows dimming of a lighting circuit from more than one position.
Please note: The button dimmer / momentary switch will only work in conjunction with an inline dimmer (see the required items). The way it works is: one in-line dimmer (impulse dimmer) per button dimmer. For 50-1000W 4A dimming you can order the ID0401 and for LED dimming you can use ID0101LE.