The Hyco Speedflow 10 litre unvented water storage heater is ideal for use in cloakrooms, kitchens in offices, shops, student accommodations and domestic premises that have been extended without a hot water supply close at hand. It is a glass lined steel tank, sturdy in construction and insulated with a high-density polyurethane foam.
The Speedflow is able to supply hot water for up to 3 basins and can be utilised with regular taps, including mixers.It has a mains pressure flow rate and a 2.0kW element as standard, with a 1.2kW element available for 10 and 15 litre models, ideal for restricted load applications. It boasts a high maximum working pressure of 6 bars, when it really needs to earn its keep.
Features include an external temperature control with frost protection settings, and a neon light on the indicator to give clear indication of its location, making it easy to find in the dark. In terms of safety, the Speedflow has an overheat temperature protection and a supplied pressure relief valve that must be fitted in every case. There is an optional thermostatic mixing valve to steady the hot water supplied to the consumer at a consistent, safe temperature.
Hyco Speedflow 10l 2kW Storage Water Heater - Features
- Dimensions: 410mm (height) x 310mm (width) x 280mm (depth)
- Capacity: 10 litres
- Power: 2.0kW
- Heat up time: 23 mins (approx. heat up time from 10 to 75 degrees Celsius)
- Standing loss: 0.63 kWh/day
- Weight: 6.8kg empty, 16.8kg full.
- It supplies hot water for up to 3 basins
- It can be used with regular taps including mixers
- Mains pressure flow rates
- Element: 2.0 kW element as standard
- It has neon element on indicator
- It is a glass lined steel tank as standard
- It has external temperature control with frost protection setting
- Accessories may be needed to comply with the Water Regulations. Pressure reducing valve required for pressures above 4.2 bar and expansion vessel and check valve required if cold water draw off nearby. Kits available separately
- Not suitable for hair wash basins in hairdressing salons
- The outer casing is easy clean, high impact plastic.
- Heating element: Stainless steel flange type
- Thermostat: Bulb type adj. to 75°C, E setting approx. 50°C
- Thermal cutout: Manual reset 85°C
- Pressure relief valve setting: 6 bar
- Anode: Replaceable grey magnesium (inspect at least annually or more regularly in scale/ aggressive water conditions)
- Insulation: High density polyurethane foam
- Safety: Overheat temperature protection (manual reset). Supplied pressure relief valve must be fitted in every case (set at 6 bar). Frost protection if power on. Optional thermostatic mixing valve to maintain hot water supplied to user at constant, safe temperature.
- IP Rating: IPX4 rated
- Installation: Site above or below the sink, but inlet and outlet must be at the top.
- Installation: Must be installed by a suitably qualified person. It is recommended that flexible hoses are used for connection to facilitate future maintenance.
- Access to the thermal cut-out and element is located at the base of unit.
- Minimum water pressure 0.5 bar. Maximum water pressure 4.2 bar.
- Water connection: Inlet/ Outlet 2 x 1/2" BSP male (100mm apart centre to centre). Fittings required (not supplied): 2 x 15mm compression to 1/2" BSP female adapter.
- Electrical Connection: Installation must comply with current IEE regulations. The product should be connected to the fixed wiring of the property via a double pole fused spur with a minimum break capacity of 13 amps. Cable pre-wired (1.5m).
- Approvals: CE, WRAS
- Standard Warranty: 1 year parts or replacement warranty.