The Greenwood Airvac CV2GIP Unity Any Room 100mm Smart Air Extractor Fan ideal for bathroom or the kitchen, part of the Unity range from Greenwood. It complies with System 3 in the Building Regulations. One single unit can be applied to all the wet rooms - including the kitche, bathroom, utility, and WCs. It has an ultra-low energy DC motor and mixed flow impellor, assisting in the delivery of Guaranteed Installed Performace onsite, which is now a fundamental part of the Building Regs compliance.
This continuous ventilation fan provides protection for your home against condensation, mould growth and ensures a good level of indoor air quality. Everyday activities such as bathing, cooking and showering creates steam and smells which will be reduced by the constant ventilation of Greenwood CV2GIP.
Greenwood Unity CV2GIP Smart 100mm Extractor Fan - Specs
- Trickle Speed - 5l/s or 8ls - (default)
- Boost Speed - 8l/s or 13l/s - (default)
- 100% variable airflow setting up to max 21l/s
- Boost can be wired to light/remote switch
- Boost via automatic control option - Greenwood HumidiSMART™
- Automatic overrun timer option - Greenwood TimerSMART™
- Dimensions: 199mm diameter front, 129.5mm max lenght / 68mm depth into the wall or ceiling.
How does it work? Continuous extract fans provide low level background ventilation to all wet rooms with automatic boosting features when required. The Boost operation is commonly activated via the light switch, when short bursts of high extraction are required, or via the automated humidity and timer sensors. The low level continuous ventilation ensures the effective provision of good indoor air quality. The CV2GIP is a decentralised ventilation system found in all the rooms that needs air extraction and fresh air via the dry rooms
About this Greenwood Unity dMEV Extractor Fan for Any Room
- Unity has been designed to please both social landlords and tenants alike – delivering low energy, quiet running, effective ventilation 365 days per year!
- Performance Not Power - Unity CV2GIP delivers the correct airflow performance with the lowest possible energy requirement for Building Regulation compliance
- A Greenwood GIP product - 100% adjustable on-site for easy compliance
- It complies with System 3 (dMEV), removing the need for high background ventilation rates (window vents)
- EST Best Practice compliance with a Specific Fan Power as low as 0.16 W/l/s
- Includes Greenwood SMART Technology for even better ventilation in the home
- Ultra quiet running noise as low as 10dB on trickle speed
Greenwood Unity CV2GIP - Smart Features
- Performance, performance, performance!
The original dMEV solution, Unity CV2GIP has been designed to ensure Guaranteed Installed Performance is achieved for Building Regulation compliance and sign off. With 100% adjustability, Unity can be set at the point of installation, tested and signed off to the airflow rates set out in ADF:2010 without over or under ventilating, or adjusting itself once installed, which itself can cause nuisance noise. For dMEV the mixed flow impellor is ideal and good practice for retaining low energy consumption as continuous ventilation rates are low, e.g. 5 l/s up to 13 l/s, meaning that ducting resistance will cause minimal impact on performance.
- Greenwood CommissionSMART™
To enable a simple on-site process and ensure GIP is easy to achieve, CV2GIP has been designed with the first ever SMART Pad which is located at the front of the unit. Once on-site, the installer simply sets up the unit by selecting the room type, trickle or boost speeds and then turning controls, such as humidity and timer, on. No more dip switches located at the back of the unit - a simpler, SMARTer and better way of assisting the delivery of Guaranteed Installed Performance and keeping installers happy.
- Greenwood GIP product - 100% adjustability
Unity CV2GIP is a Greenwood GIP product - designed to assist in the delivery of Guaranteed Installed Performance easily. Using the innovative SMART pad, located at the front of the unit, installers simply select the room, e.g. kitchen or bathroom, and then, using the + and - buttons, can simply increase the speed of the fan in 1 l/s increments. With on-site testing now happening for regulation compliance, and walls and ceilings all having an impact on performance, the need for adjustability is crucial.
- Greenwood TimerSMART™
A SMARTer way of ensuring ventilation is delivered effectively to a home - using duration of occupancy to determine the length of time the fan overruns in boost mode rather than a pre-set generic time of, say, 15 minutes. In the bathroom for 10 minutes - overrun on boost speed for 10 minutes. A simple and logical approach to reducing nuisance noise, nuisance running and unnecessary heat loss, keeping energy performance as low as possible.
- Discreet and very quiet running
With a circular design and finish, Unity CV2GIP has been designed to blend effortlessly with its background and will look fabulous with any bathroom or kitchen décor style. To support this, Unity CV2GIP has also been designed with very low running noise - as low as 10dB(A) on trickle speed.
* IPX5 rated for walls, IPX4 rated for ceilings
Greenwood Unity CV2 dMEV Fan - Installation
- Wiring: Must comply with IEE Regulations
- Fuse: 3 amp normally required (when fan is supplied from a 6A lighting circuit no local fuse is required)
- Electrical specification: 220–240V~50Hz Class II, SELV Class III
- Cable: diameter 1mm² max
- Installation: It can be installed on the wall or ceiling
- Power consumption: Min 1.1W, Max 5.4W