This is the Envirovent heatSava HS100/500 100mm diameter intelligent single room heat recovery unit coming with a 500mm long duct for through-the-wall mounting.
The Envirovent HeatSava is an energy efficient mini ventilation unit that goes through the wall, also called a Single Room Heat Recovery Unit (SRHR). It has been designed for people who are looking for new and innovative ways to save energy. Recovering up to 75% of heat from the air that would normally be lost through extraction, the heatSava reduces carbon emissions, whilst providing continuous all year round ventilation. It is available in 100mm and 150mm for mounting through external walls in WCs, kitchens, bathrooms and utility rooms, to either replace existing extract fans or for new installations.
Envirovent HS100/500 - Features and Benefits
- Improves indoor air quality: it reduces condensation and mould problems
- Saves energy costs: the heat exchange cell recovers up to 75% of the heat that would normally be extracted out to atmosphere
- Quiet running: only 22 dB(A)
- Easy to clean and maintain: with the help of the innovative plug out/plug in central cartridge
- Intelligent: heatSava thinks for itself with the intelligent humidity tracking controls, meaning that no user intervention is required
- Summer mode: stops warm air entering the room on warmer days
- Frost protection: to prevent the cell from damage during the winter
- Made in the UK
- Easy Installation: fits neatly into nearly any wall depth and orientation
- Warranty: 5 year renewable warranty
- 100mm HeatSava Single Room Heat Recovery Unit with 500mm duct
- Airflow: trickle 6.5 l/s, boost 13 l/s
- Watts: trickle 5.2W, boost 22.1W
- heatSava 100 with 500mm cell (heat cell)
- Sound Pressure level dB(A) @ 3m: trickle 22db, boost 39db
- SFP: trickle 0.44, boost 0.85
- Dimensions: 200mm body width, 120mm body projection / depth, 370mm height.
- Duct diameter: 100mm
- Duct length: 500mm
- Maximum efficiency: 68%
- Complete with intelligent humidity tracking control
- Pull cord: integral for switching on/off
- Summer mode and Frost protection
How does it work?
The heatSava extracts air from the kitchen or bathroom, which passes over a high efficiency tubular heat exchange cell. The unique design of the cell enables the air to cyclone around the barrel, just like a corkscrew. As it does so, the heat from the extracted air is retained in the cell before it reaches atmosphere.
At the same time, fresh air from outside is supplied through the tubes, collecting up to 75% of the heat from the extracted air before returning it into the room, providing savings on energy costs. The heatSava runs continuously 24 hours a day on a low background trickle rate to provide constant all year round good indoor air quality, controlling humidity levels and reducing condensation.
Innovative Condensate Facility
- The bi-product of any high efficiency heat exchange cell is condensation. This presents a challenge to design engineers to ensure that any condensate which forms inside the cell is directed outside the property and not inside the product, where it could mix with electronic components or damage decorations inside the room. The unique design of the heatSava allows the heat exchange cell to be completely sealed within the cell casing, providing a totally air tight compartment.
- Should any condensate form, it would be held within the barrel and drain out directly to atmosphere through the holes located in the cowl at the rear of the unit. The unique configuration of the air movement through the cell means that no condensate can form within the tubes resulting in all year round quiet, high efficient performance.
Intelligent Humidity Tracking Controls and Pull Cord Switch
- The Intelligent Humidity Tracking Controls: The heatSava has been engineered with intelligent controls to think for itself, meaning that you don't need to press any buttons or light switches to turn it on. When the heatSava senses a rise in humidity, caused by increased moisture generation such as through cooking or showering, the extract and supply airflows will slowly begin to increase in direct proportion to the increase in humidity. It will then automatically track back down again when humidity falls. This controls condensation quietly and efficiently.
- The Pull Cord Switch: The heatSava comes complete with a pullcord to activate the boost for odour control if required. Pull once to activate the boost and once to deactivate.
- The heatSava is available in two cell diameters: 100mm for bathrooms and WCs and the 150mm for kitchens, ideal for both refurbishment and new build installations. Fitting neatly into almost any wall depth, the length of the cell is available to suit external wall depths of 330mm, 430mm, 500mm and 600mm.
- The direct replacement of an existing traditional extract fan can be simply and quickly achieved, whilst the innovative design also allows the unit to be installed flush to uneven walls. It is also high-rise friendly, easily installed from inside the building, without the need for scaffolding.
- It can be installed in four different positions through 360°, horizontally or vertically to fit into tight spaces or where an existing hole is located just below the ceiling. With its stylish symmetrical design it looks attractive in any position. The heatSava is IPX4 rated and can be installed in Zone 1 with RCD protection. A low voltage version is also available for extra safety.
Warranty: a Renewable 5 Year Warranty: As part of the Lifetime Range, the heatSava comes complete with a five year renewable warranty. All repair and maintenance can be carried out by simply exchanging the worn out components. These would then be brought back to the Harrogate factory to be recycled. The heatSava is designed to match a home's life-cycle and like all other EnviroVent product have been designed in a way that means they should never end up on a landfill site.
Summer Mode and Frost Protection
- Summer Mode: During warmer days, the heatSava prevents warm air from entering the room and switches to provide extract ventilation only. As the temperature falls it automatically returns to hea
- Frost protection: The heatSava has an automatic built-in frost protection mechanism to prevent any damage to the heat exchange cell in cold conditions.
Cleaning: Hassle-free cleaning and maintenance. The heatSava can be easily cleaned and serviced completely hassle-free by the resident to maintain efficiency and performance. When the front cover is removed the unit will stop operating to allow the unique plug out/plug in heat exchange cartridge to be removed using the service key provided. The cell can then be simply vacuumed or wiped clean with a cloth.