- Downlighter Junction Box
- Junction box complete with incoming and outgoing cable clamps.
- 3 plate terminals with separate terminals for flexible cords.
- Dimensions: h = 52mm x w = 53mm x d = 27 mm
The IEE Wiring Regulations state that terminals shall not be subject to undue stress
, i.e. taking weight of cables or fittings. Currently a high proportion of Junction Boxes are installed behind Downlighters or decorative light fittings, where moving the Junction Box in to position after wiring could cause stress on the terminations. With the NEW Ashley J501 Junction Box, the above obstacles can be overcome.
Ashley can provide a quick and easy means of connecting fixed wiring to flexible cables of downlighter fittings based on the following 3 main benefits:
- Easy to use
- Wide application suitability
- Compliance with latest regulations
- The lid wraps around to fit snugly in the hand during termination and cabling
- The lid wraps around on a hinge to snap shut prior to installation
- The clamps secure cables in place
- A three-plate terminal style is logical and easy to follow
- Has rear holes for fixing to the wall if needed
- The terminals are on one side to maximise cabling space
- Cable clamps can be reversed for single or double cable entry
Hager’s Ashley J501 Junction Box has won the Electrical Industry Awards
for the most “Innovative Residential Domestic Product of the year” for 2008.