This is the Forbes and Lomax 2GTBELL/SS, a two gang composed of one gang momentary switch and one gang two way dolly switch stainless steel plate, 2G button dimmer controller, manufactured by Forbes and Lomax. At only 1.8mm thick the brushed stainless steel plates sit flush with the wall and suit contemporary interiors or kitchens.
The wide range of socket outlets that we offer include a selection of network and audio visual sockets to suit the needs of the most high-tech installations. A whole array of fused connections and cooker switches provide all you need to control the power of your kitchen appliances.
1 Gang Momentary Switch + 1 Gang 2 Way Dolly Switch Stainless Steel Plate, 2 Gang Button Dimmer Controller Manufactured by Forbes and Lomax
- This is a Forbes & Lomax 2 button dimmer - 1 momentary switch and 1 two way dolly switch
- Finish: stainless steel plate
- All Forbes and Lomax switches and sockets require British standard 35mm deep flush wall boxes.
- The Forbes and Lomax Momentary / contact closure switches require an in-line dimmer pack to enable them to work as a dimmer. They can be used for lighting control and home automation systems. The dimmer pack has to be located in an accessible void, out of earshot; any noise generated when dimming will come from the dimmer pack - no noise will be emitted from the switch itself.
- All momentary switches (contact-closure switches) require an in-line dimming pack to enable them to work as a dimmer, or a relay pack to have an ON/OFF function. The button dimmer controller allows dimming from more than one location, and it can be used to control home automation systems.
- Dimensions: 22.2mm diameter button dimmer, with no plastic trim.
- You can achieve multiple switching locations on one lighting circuit by wiring the buttons in parallel; all the locations must have momentary controls, and each location can be used to dim. However, you cannot use normal switches on the same circuit as the button dimmer.
- To use a momenary control as a simple ON/OFF switch, you need to put a link to the in-line relay pack.
Please note: The button dimmer / momentary switch will only work in conjunction with an inline dimmer (see the required items). The way it works is: one in-line dimmer (impulse dimmer) per button dimmer. For 50-1000W 4A dimming you can order the ID0401 and for LED dimming you can use ID0101LE.
The Forbes and Lomax Button dimmers
- Standards, Approvals & Directives: Button dimmer Conforms to BS EN 60669 - 1: 1999 when assembled to appropriate plate and grid and installed correctly. ASTA Certificate No: 16240
- Button dimmers are manufactured from brass and finished to complement or match the cover plates.
- They feature a solid brass button
- All products clearly printed with BSNo’s, ratings, etc
- They are contact-closure momentary switch
- Button dimmers are screwed to appropriate grids.
- All the Forbes and Lomax buttons are available in the complete range of plate finishes: Unlacquered Brass, Antique Bronze, Stainless Steel, Polished Nickel, Verdigris and Invisible.
- Supply voltage: 250V AC, 50Hz
- Current rating: 4A
- Ambient operating temperature: -5 degrees to 40 degrees Celsius
- Max. installation altitude: 2000m
- IP Rating: IP2XD
- No of operations: 40.000
- Terminal capacity: 3 x 1mm (Flex), 2 x 1mm (Solid), 2 x 1.5mm (Solid), 1 x 2mm (solid), and 1 x 2.5mm (Solid).
- Button dimmer dimensions: 23mm width x 50.3mm height x 30.5mm depth.
The Forbes and Lomax Dolly Switch
The Forbes and Lomax Dolly Switches are On/off Switches available in 2-way, Intermediate and double pole versions. Retractive dolly switches can be used as dimmer controllers when connected to a dimmer pack or dimming system. 2-way-and-off switches can be used to operate blinds.
The Forbes and Lomax dolly switches can be mixed with Button Dimmer Controllers on the same plate, however they can not be combined with rotary dimmers. The Forbes & Lomax dolly switches are available in: the Invisible Lightswitch® Range, the Antique Bronze Range, the Stainless Steel Range, the Aged Brass Range, the Unlacquered Brass Range, the Nickel Silver Range, and the Verdigris Range.
Technical Information - Forbes and Lomax Dolly Switch
- The Forbes and Lomax Dolly Switch Conforms to BS EN 60669 - 1: 1999 when assembled to appropriate plate and grid and
- installed correctly. ASTA Certificate No: 16240
- All Forbes and Lomax dolly switches require British standard 35mm deep flush wall boxes (to be ordered separately).
- Voltage: 250V AC, 50Hz
- Current rating: 20AX
- Terminal capacities: 4 x 1mm2 (Flex), 4 x 1.5mm2 (Solid), 3 x 2.5mm2 (Solid), 2 x 4mm2 (Solid), 1 x 6mm2 (Solid).
- Ambient Operating Temperature: -5 degrees to +40 degrees Celsius
- IP rating: IP2XD
- Max. installation altitude: 2000m
- No. of operations: 10.000
- Dimensions: 1-2 gang rocker switch 86mm x 86mm; 3-4 gang 146mm x 86mm.
The Stainless Steel Range
- The Stainless Steel range has brushed stainless steel plates with satin nickel switches and buttons.
- The stainless steel especially suits contemporary interiors or kitchens due to it's simple maintenance.
- At only 1.8mm thick the brushed stainless steel plates sit flush with the wall and suit contemporary interiors or kitchens.
- A whole array of fused connections and cooker switches provide all you need to control the power of your kitchen appliances.