This is the Forbes and Lomax DS13M/U, a two gang 13A switched socket with metal rocker in a unlacquered brass plate with plastic insert, manufactured by Forbes and Lomax.
About the Forbes and Lomax Socket Outlets
Forbes and Lomax offers a full range of socket outlets and fused connection units; the socket types include 13A, 5A, 2A, and floor sockets. The 13A sockets are available as single or double sockets and they can be either switched or unswitched. The socket outlets from Forbes and Lomax are available in the Invisible Socket range, the Nickel Silver range, the Unlacquered Brass range, the Aged Brass range, the Antique Bronze range, the Verdigris range, the Stainless Steel range, and the Paintable range. They have a black or white plastic insert / trim, and there are matching metal rocker switches available on all the switched versions.
Technical information - 2 Gang Socket Outlet with Metal Rockers
- Each socket complies with BS 1363-2: 1995 + A4:2014(and 1-3).
- Independent test certificates are held as follows: Panel mounted 1 gang and unswitched and 2 gang switched socket outlets - Certificate No: C12/43399-1
- Terminal markings present on housing for clearer information.
- The switched socket outlets have double insulated rockers.
- Switch contacts with silver contacts on both surfaces for good continuity.
- It has metal rockers, 2 gang 13A socket with metal rocker switches.
- All the Forbes and Lomax socket outlest require British standard 35mm deep flush wall boxes.
- Dimensions: Twin Un-Switched Socket / Twin Switched Socket / Switched Twin socket with Neon: Depth 23mm, max. 4.64mm projection (with the rocker), 146mm width, 86mm height. Recommended Box Depth 35mm Minimum. Metal boxes to BS4662
- Supply voltage: 250V AC
- Current rating: 13A per socket outlet
- Terminal capacity: Live, Neutral & Earth, 3 x 2.5mm2, 3 x 4mm2, 2 x 6mm2 (stranded)
- Ambient Operating Temperature: -5 degrees to +40 degrees Celsius
- IP rating: IP2XD
- Max. installation altitude: 2000m
The Unlacquered Brass Range from Forbes and Lomax
- The Unlacquered Brass range is designed a classical design as it mellows with age if left unpolished to match older brass fittings in the home.
- This is particularly suitable to period buildings where a bright brass look would be less desirable. Alternatively, the plates can easily be polished to give a shiny look should this be required.
- The depth of the tarnished affect depends on the usage of the product in the home.
- Although traditional in appearance, the variety of unlacquered brass products we have will meet all the demands of modern living.