One of the most interesting finishes that Forbes and Lomax does is aged brass; here is a look at some of the best aged brass switches and sockets made by Forbes & Lomax. You can also see some of the other finishes that this designer switches and sockets manufacturer does, such as the the dolly switches (in different finishes), invisible switches, painted sockets, Verdigris range, Combination range, and the European sockets.What is the Forbes and Lomax Aged Brass Finish?Aged brass seems to have a different look or meaning for many out there, but the aged brass from Forbes and Lomax is particular. This finish has been designed in such a way that it looks beautifully antiqued upon installation and has been left unlacquered to patina even more over time. In other words, when you buy it, the finish is quite shiny and antique, but then, as time goes by, there's a patina shows up. If you want to keep the unlacquered brass finish, the shiny finish, you can just polish it to bring back some sunshine. The real beauty of the aged brass finish from Forbes and Lomax lies in the mellow aged look of the brass. It looks as if it has been an original part of the interior for many years. The toggles, dimmer knobs, and push buttons are supplied polished but unlacquered. This provides a subtle accent to the more muted finish of the plate. In other words, the aged brass range from Forbes and Lomax will be great for those who want to show a more mellow aged look of the brass, and who don't mind to polish it from time to time. We have some of these items in our lighting showroom in Archway, North London, and they all look different from one another, for they mellow differently. A Look at the Aged Brass Switches and Sockets from Forbes and LomaxWe have compiled a list (not an exhaustive list - just some of the aged brass switches, dimmers, dollies, and other wiring accessories) of the most popular Aged Brass switches and sockets from Forbes and Lomax, which we publish below, together with the links where you can purchase them. Twin Socket Aged Brass Metal Rocker Black Trim by Forbes and LomaxThis is a 2 gang switched socket outlet for wall mounting coming in an aged brass finish. The rockers are of metal (matching the plate) and the plastic insert is in black. You can purchase it here. Single Dolly Switch Aged Brass from Forbes and Lomax
2 Gang 13A Switched Socket with Metal Rocker in Aged Brass with White Insert by Forbes and Lomax
(over £100+VAT, applies to zones A&B only , £6 +VAT otherwise)
Order online & collect in store
This is the Forbes and Lomax DS13M/OLB, a two gang 13A switched double socket with a metal rocker in aged brass with white insert, manufactured by Forbes and Lomax.
Please note: all the Aged Brass items come with white plastic trim as standard; if you require this item with black trim, please mention this in the comments when ordering.
The Forbes and Lomax Aged Brass finish has been designed to look beautifully antiqued upon installation and has been left unlacquered to patina even more over time. Alternatively, it can be polished to bring back some of the shine.
The real beauty of this finish from Forbes & Lomax lies in the mellow aged look of the brass, as though it has been an original part of the interior for many years. The toggles, dimmer knobs and push buttons are supplied polished but unlacquered, providing a subtle accent to the more muted finish of the plates.
About the Forbes and Lomax Socket Outlets
- Forbes and Lomax offer a full range of socket outlets and fused connection units; the socket types include 13A, 5A, 2A, and floor sockets.
- The 13A sockets are available as single or double sockets and they can be either switched or unswitched.
- The socket outlets from Forbes and Lomax are available in the Invisible Socket range, the Nickel Silver range, the Unlacquered Brass range, the Aged Brass range, the Antique Bronze range, the Verdigris range, the Stainless Steel range, and the Paintable range.
- They have a black or white plastic insert / trim, and there are matching metal rocker switches available on all the switched versions.
Technical information - 2 Gang Socket Outlet with Metal Rockers
- Each socket complies with BS 1363-2: 1995 + A4:2014(and 1-3).
- Independent test certificates are held as follows: Panel mounted 1 gang and unswitched and 2 gang switched socket outlets - Certificate No: C12/43399-1
- Terminal markings present on housing for clearer information.
- The switched socket outlets have double insulated rockers.
- Switch contacts with silver contacts on both surfaces for good continuity.
- It has metal rockers, 2 gang 13A socket with metal rocker switches.
- All the Forbes and Lomax socket outlest require British standard 35mm deep flush wall boxes.
- Dimensions: Twin Un-Switched Socket / Twin Switched Socket / Switched Twin socket with Neon: Depth 23mm, max. 4.64mm projection (with the rocker), 146mm width, 86mm height. Recommended Box Depth 35mm Minimum. Metal boxes to BS4662
- Supply voltage: 250V AC
- Current rating: 13A per socket outlet
- Terminal capacity: Live, Neutral & Earth, 3 x 2.5mm2, 3 x 4mm2, 2 x 6mm2 (stranded)
- Ambient Operating Temperature: -5 degrees to +40 degrees Celsius
- IP rating: IP2XD
- Max. installation altitude: 2000m
About the Forbes and Lomax Aged Brass Finish
- It can be left unlacquered to patina over time.
- It can be polished to make it a little shiny.
- It has a mellow aged looking brass, as if it was part of the interior for many years.
- Toggles, dimmer knobs, and push buttons are polished but unlacquered.
|Switches & Sockets Specific
|Back Box Depth
|Forbes and Lomax
|146mm x 86mm
Note: Some images and pictures are for reference only. The item may differ from the image/picture due to manufacturer's change. Should you require the exact item in the picture, please call or email us to enquire.
Need more detailed specs?
Sparks Direct delivers via courier to the UK only; the standard delivery charge is £6 + VAT for all orders under £100 + VAT. If your order is over £120, you get free delivery (unless there's a special delivery charge for the items you wish to order or you're in shipping zone C or D). Full details for shipping charges can be found via Terms and Conditions.
If the items you order are in stock and the order is placed before 1.00pm, delivery can be made within 1-2 working days. If the items are not in stock, we will inform you via email how long it will take or ask for your confirmation if there's a long lead time.
We offer 30-day returns for unwanted items - please email us to request a returns number which will need to be quoted when the items are returned. For faulty items or items damaged in transit, please advise via email, and an appropriate returns number will be provided. Full details concerning returns and refunds can be found via our Terms and Conditions.