This is the Forbes and Lomax DS13M/BMA, a two gang 13A switched double socket with a metal rocker in antique bronze with black insert, manufactured by Forbes and Lomax.
About the Forbes and Lomax Socket Outlets
Forbes and Lomax offers a full range of socket outlets and fused connection units; the socket types include 13A, 5A, 2A, and floor sockets. The 13A sockets are available as single or double sockets and they can be either switched or unswitched. The socket outlets from Forbes and Lomax are available in the Invisible Socket range, the Nickel Silver range, the Unlacquered Brass range, the Aged Brass range, the Antique Bronze range, the Verdigris range, the Stainless Steel range, and the Paintable range. They have a black or white plastic insert / trim, and there are matching metal rocker switches available on all the switched versions.
Technical information - 2 Gang Socket Outlet with Metal Rockers
- Each socket complies with BS 1363-2: 1995 + A4:2014(and 1-3).
- Independent test certificates are held as follows: Panel mounted 1 gang and unswitched and 2 gang switched socket outlets - Certificate No: C12/43399-1
- Terminal markings present on housing for clearer information.
- The switched socket outlets have double insulated rockers.
- Switch contacts with silver contacts on both surfaces for good continuity.
- It has metal rockers, 2 gang 13A socket with metal rocker switches.
- All the Forbes and Lomax socket outlest require British standard 35mm deep flush wall boxes.
- Dimensions: Twin Un-Switched Socket / Twin Switched Socket / Switched Twin socket with Neon: Depth 23mm, max. 4.64mm projection (with the rocker), 146mm width, 86mm height. Recommended Box Depth 35mm Minimum. Metal boxes to BS4662
- Supply voltage: 250V AC
- Current rating: 13A per socket outlet
- Terminal capacity: Live, Neutral & Earth, 3 x 2.5mm2, 3 x 4mm2, 2 x 6mm2 (stranded)
- Ambient Operating Temperature: -5 degrees to +40 degrees Celsius
- IP rating: IP2XD
- Max. installation altitude: 2000m
The Antique Bronze Range from Forbes and Lomax
- Many of the early light switches were made in Antique Bronze and the finish became very fashionable in the Art Deco period.
- This finish complements both traditional and modern designs and work particularly well on wood panelling and other unusual surroundings.
- The Antique Bronze range is durable and will stand the test of time. Original Antique Bronze switch plates can be seen in old buildings today still looking great a hundred years on.
- Sockets are supplied with black inserts as standard to complement the dark finish of the plate.