2 Gang 2A Unswitched Double Socket in Brushed Brass Plate and Black Insert by Forbes and Lomax
This is the Forbes and Lomax DS2/QBB, a two gang 2A unswitched double socket in brushed brass with black insert, manufactured by Forbes and Lomax.
Please note: all the Brushed Brass items come with black plastic trim as standard; if you require this item with white trim, please mention this in the comments when ordering.
The Forbes and Lomax Brushed Brass finish has fine vertical brush marks creating a matte effect for a subtle finish, which adds a unique and contemporary twist to the range from this manufacturer. These plates are lacquered for a wear-resistant finish.
This range includes toggle switches, dimmers and push buttons, as well as sockets giving a streamlined, classic feel to the design. Please note, the socket inserts are only supplied with black inserts to complement the quality of the Brushed Brass finish. This whole range comes only with a black plastic trim.
The Forbes and Lomax 2A and 5A Socket Outlets
- The Forbes and Lomax 2A and 5A socket outlets can be used for ligthting circuits that demand low amperages.
- These sockets come in the Invisible Socket range, the Antique Bronze range, the Nickel Silver range, the Verdigris range, the Aged Brass range, the Unlacquered Brass range, the Painted Socket range, and the Stainless Steel range.
- It can come with a White or a Black plastic insert / trim.
Technical Information - 2 Gang 2A Socket Outlets
- Each socket conforms to BS 546 1950
- Top access terminals making wiring easier and quicker
- Shutter safety feature
- Terminal marking present on socket housing for clearer identification
- Automatic primary switching on insertion of plug
- All the Forbes and Lomax 5A and 2A sockets require a British Standard 35mm deep flush wall box.
- Dimensions: 86mm width x 146mm length, max. 3.6mm projection from the wall, 16mm depth. It requires a min 35mm back box. Metal boxes to BS4662
- Supply voltage: 250V AC
- 2A socket Terminal capacities: Live, Neutral & Earth, 1 x 2.5 mm2, 2 x 2.0 mm2, 2 x 1.5 mm2, 4 x 1.0 mm2
- Ambient Operating Temperature: -5 degrees to +40 degrees Celsius
- IP rating: IP2XD
- Max. installation altitude: 2000m
About the Forbes & Lomax Brushed Brass
- Matte effect for a subtle finish, with fine vertical brush marks.
- The plates are lacquered for a wear-resistant finish.
- The insert/plastic trim is black.
- This finish is available in dolly switch, button dimmers, rotary dimmer switches, rocker switches, sockets, European sockets, combination range, USB charger sockets, and Home Automation and Dimming Control.
|Switches & Sockets Specific|
|Back Box Depth||35mm|
|Brand||Forbes and Lomax|
|Plate Dimensions||146mm x 86mm|
Need more detailed specs?
Sparks Direct delivers via courier to the UK only; the standard delivery charge is £6 + VAT for all orders under £100 + VAT. If your order is over £120, you get free delivery (unless there's a special delivery charge for the items you wish to order or you're in shipping zone C or D). Full details for shipping charges can be found via Terms and Conditions.
If the items you order are in stock and the order is placed before 1.00pm, delivery can be made within 1-2 working days. If the items are not in stock, we will inform you via email how long it will take or ask for your confirmation if there's a long lead time.
We offer 30-day returns for unwanted items - please email us to request a returns number which will need to be quoted when the items are returned. For faulty items or items damaged in transit, please advise via email, and an appropriate returns number will be provided. Full details concerning returns and refunds can be found via our Terms and Conditions.