This is the Forbes and Lomax 2GIBELL/BMA, a two gang composed of one gang momentary switch + one intermediate dolly switch antique bronze plate, 2G button dimmer controller, manufactured by Forbes and Lomax.
1 Gang Momentary Switch + 1 Intermediate Dolly Switch Antique Bronze Plate, 2 Gang Button Dimmer Controller Manufactured by Forbes and Lomax
- This is a Forbes & Lomax 2 button dimmer - one momentary switch and one intermediate dolly switch
- Finish: antique bronze plate
- All momentary switches (contact-closure switches) require an in-line dimming pack to enable them to work as a dimmer, or a relay pack to have an ON/OFF function. The button dimmer controller allows dimming from more than one location, and it can be used to control home automation systems.
- All Forbes and Lomax switches and sockets require British standard 35mm deep flush wall boxes.
- Dimensions: 22.2mm diameter button dimmer, with no plastic trim.
- The Forbes and Lomax Momentary / contact closure switches require an in-line dimmer pack to enable them to work as a dimmer. They can be used for lighting control and home automation systems. The dimmer pack has to be located in an accessible void, out of earshot; any noise generated when dimming will come from the dimmer pack - no noise will be emitted from the switch itself.
- You can achieve multiple switching locations on one lighting circuit by wiring the buttons in parallel; all the locations must have momentary controls, and each location can be used to dim. However, you cannot use normal switches on the same circuit as the button dimmer.
- To use a momenary control as a simple ON/OFF switch, you need to put a link to the in-line relay pack.
Please note: The button dimmer / momentary switch will only work in conjunction with an inline dimmer (see the required items). The way it works is: one in-line dimmer (impulse dimmer) per button dimmer. For 50-1000W 4A dimming you can order the ID0401 and for LED dimming you can use ID0101LE.
The Antique Bronze Range from Forbes and Lomax
- Many of the early light switches were made in Antique Bronze and the finish became very fashionable in the Art Deco period.
- This finish complements both traditional and modern designs and work particularly well on wood panelling and other unusual surroundings.
- The Antique Bronze range is durable and will stand the test of time. Original Antique Bronze switch plates can be seen in old buildings today still looking great a hundred years on.
- Sockets are supplied with black inserts as standard to complement the dark finish of the plate.