This is the Forbes and Lomax 2GIBELL/N, a two gang composed of one gang momentary switch and one intermediate dolly switch invisible plate with nickel button, 2G button dimmer controller, manufactured by Forbes and Lomax.
1 Gang Momentary Switch + 1 Intermediate Dolly Switch Invisible Plate with Nickel, 2 Gang Button Dimmer Controller Manufactured by Forbes and Lomax
- This is a Forbes & Lomax 2 button dimmer - one momentary switch and one intermediate dolly switch
- Finish: invisible plate with Nickel
- All momentary switches (contact-closure switches) require an in-line dimming pack to enable them to work as a dimmer, or a relay pack to have an ON/OFF function. The button dimmer controller allows dimming from more than one location, and it can be used to control home automation systems.
- All Forbes and Lomax switches and sockets require British standard 35mm deep flush wall boxes.
- The Forbes and Lomax Momentary / contact closure switches require an in-line dimmer pack to enable them to work as a dimmer. They can be used for lighting control and home automation systems. The dimmer pack has to be located in an accessible void, out of earshot; any noise generated when dimming will come from the dimmer pack - no noise will be emitted from the switch itself.
- Dimensions: 22.2mm diameter button dimmer, with no plastic trim.
- You can achieve multiple switching locations on one lighting circuit by wiring the buttons in parallel; all the locations must have momentary controls, and each location can be used to dim. However, you cannot use normal switches on the same circuit as the button dimmer.
- To use a momenary control as a simple ON/OFF switch, you need to put a link to the in-line relay pack.
Please note: The button dimmer / momentary switch will only work in conjunction with an inline dimmer (see the required items). The way it works is: one in-line dimmer (impulse dimmer) per button dimmer. For 50-1000W 4A dimming you can order the ID0401 and for LED dimming you can use ID0101LE.
The Invisible Range from Forbes and Lomax
- Inspired by the glass switches of the 1930s but with all the advantages of modern technology, the Invisible Lightswitch has become synonymous with Forbes & Lomax.
- The transparent acrylic plates are secured without the use of fixing screws. The plate sits flush to the wall and is supplied with brass, nickel silver, stainless steel or antique bronze switches or dimmers.
- Each acrylic plate has a 0.5mm underplate which can be either painted or used as a template where wallpaper is used.