This is the Forbes and Lomax 2GTBELL/NIC, a two gang composed of one gang momentary switch + one gang two way dolly switch nickel silver plate, 2G button dimmer controller, manufactured by Forbes and Lomax.
The Forbes and Lomax Button dimmers
- Standards, Approvals & Directives: Button dimmer Conforms to BS EN 60669 - 1: 1999 when assembled to appropriate plate and grid and installed correctly. ASTA Certificate No: 16240
- Button dimmers are manufactured from brass and finished to complement or match the cover plates.
- They feature a solid brass button
- All products clearly printed with BSNo’s, ratings, etc
- They are contact-closure momentary switch
- Button dimmers are screwed to appropriate grids.
- All the Forbes and Lomax buttons are available in the complete range of plate finishes: Unlacquered Brass, Antique Bronze, Stainless Steel, Polished Nickel, Verdigris and Invisible.
- Supply voltage: 250V AC, 50Hz
- Current rating: 4A
- Ambient operating temperature: -5 degrees to 40 degrees Celsius
- Max. installation altitude: 2000m
- IP Rating: IP2XD
- No of operations: 40.000
- Terminal capacity: 3 x 1mm (Flex), 2 x 1mm (Solid), 2 x 1.5mm (Solid), 1 x 2mm (solid), and 1 x 2.5mm (Solid).
- Button dimmer dimensions: 23mm width x 50.3mm height x 30.5mm depth.
1 Gang Momentary Switch + 1 Gang 2 Way Dolly Switch Nickel Silver Plate, 2 Gang Button Dimmer Controller Manufactured by Forbes and Lomax
- This is a Forbes & Lomax 2 button dimmer - 1 momentary switch and 1 two way dolly switch
- Finish: nickel silver plate
- All Forbes and Lomax switches and sockets require British standard 35mm deep flush wall boxes.
- All momentary switches (contact-closure switches) require an in-line dimming pack to enable them to work as a dimmer, or a relay pack to have an ON/OFF function. The button dimmer controller allows dimming from more than one location, and it can be used to control home automation systems.
- Dimensions: 22.2mm diameter button dimmer, with no plastic trim.
- You can achieve multiple switching locations on one lighting circuit by wiring the buttons in parallel; all the locations must have momentary controls, and each location can be used to dim. However, you cannot use normal switches on the same circuit as the button dimmer.
- To use a momenary control as a simple ON/OFF switch, you need to put a link to the in-line relay pack.
Please note: The button dimmer / momentary switch will only work in conjunction with an inline dimmer (see the required items). The way it works is: one in-line dimmer (impulse dimmer) per button dimmer. For 50-1000W 4A dimming you can order the ID0401 and for LED dimming you can use ID0101LE.
The Forbes and Lomax Dolly Switch
The Forbes and Lomax Dolly Switches are On/off Switches available in 2-way, Intermediate and double pole versions. Retractive dolly switches can be used as dimmer controllers when connected to a dimmer pack or dimming system. 2-way-and-off switches can be used to operate blinds.
The Forbes and Lomax dolly switches can be mixed with Button Dimmer Controllers on the same plate, however they can not be combined with rotary dimmers. The Forbes & Lomax dolly switches are available in: the Invisible Lightswitch® Range, the Antique Bronze Range, the Stainless Steel Range, the Aged Brass Range, the Unlacquered Brass Range, the Nickel Silver Range, and the Verdigris Range.
Technical Information - Forbes and Lomax Dolly Switch
- The Forbes and Lomax Dolly Switch Conforms to BS EN 60669 - 1: 1999 when assembled to appropriate plate and grid and
- installed correctly. ASTA Certificate No: 16240
- All Forbes and Lomax dolly switches require British standard 35mm deep flush wall boxes (to be ordered separately).
- Voltage: 250V AC, 50Hz
- Current rating: 20AX
- Terminal capacities: 4 x 1mm2 (Flex), 4 x 1.5mm2 (Solid), 3 x 2.5mm2 (Solid), 2 x 4mm2 (Solid), 1 x 6mm2 (Solid).
- Ambient Operating Temperature: -5 degrees to +40 degrees Celsius
- IP rating: IP2XD
- Max. installation altitude: 2000m
- No. of operations: 10.000
- Dimensions: 1-2 gang rocker switch 86mm x 86mm; 3-4 gang 146mm x 86mm.
The Nickel Silver Range from Forbes and Lomax
- Nickel Silver first became popular in the 19th Century due to its similarity to Sterling Silver and was commonly used for various decorative items around the home.
- It has a permanent mirrored finish which creates a contemporary luxurious appearance which is warmer than chrome, making it more suitable for living areas either traditional or modern.
- At only 1.8mm thick the brushed stainless steel plates sit flush with the wall and suit contemporary interiors or kitchens.