This is the Forbes and Lomax 2GIBELL/U, a two gang composed of one gang momentary switch + one intermediate dolly switch on a unlacquered brass plate, 2G button dimmer controller, manufactured by Forbes and Lomax.
1 Gang Momentary Switch + 1 Intermediate Dolly Switch Unlacquered Brass Plate, 2 Gang Button Dimmer Controller Manufactured by Forbes and Lomax
- This is a Forbes & Lomax 2 button dimmer - one momentary switch and one intermediate dolly switch
- Finish: unlacquered brass plate
- All Forbes and Lomax switches and sockets require British standard 35mm deep flush wall boxes.
- The Forbes and Lomax Momentary / contact closure switches require an in-line dimmer pack to enable them to work as a dimmer. They can be used for lighting control and home automation systems. The dimmer pack has to be located in an accessible void, out of earshot; any noise generated when dimming will come from the dimmer pack - no noise will be emitted from the switch itself.
- All momentary switches (contact-closure switches) require an in-line dimming pack to enable them to work as a dimmer, or a relay pack to have an ON/OFF function. The button dimmer controller allows dimming from more than one location, and it can be used to control home automation systems.
- Dimensions: 22.2mm diameter button dimmer, with no plastic trim.
- You can achieve multiple switching locations on one lighting circuit by wiring the buttons in parallel; all the locations must have momentary controls, and each location can be used to dim. However, you cannot use normal switches on the same circuit as the button dimmer.
- To use a momenary control as a simple ON/OFF switch, you need to put a link to the in-line relay pack.
Please note: The button dimmer / momentary switch will only work in conjunction with an inline dimmer (see the required items). The way it works is: one in-line dimmer (impulse dimmer) per button dimmer. For 50-1000W 4A dimming you can order the ID0401 and for LED dimming you can use ID0101LE.
The Unlacquered Brass Range from Forbes and Lomax
- The Unlacquered Brass range is designed a classical design as it mellows with age if left unpolished to match older brass fittings in the home.
- This is particularly suitable to period buildings where a bright brass look would be less desirable. Alternatively, the plates can easily be polished to give a shiny look should this be required.
- The depth of the tarnished affect depends on the usage of the product in the home.
- Although traditional in appearance, the variety of unlacquered brass products we have will meet all the demands of modern living.