3kW Fan Assisted Heater for 600 x 600mm Ceiling Grid, 245m3/h Suspended Ceiling Fan Heater
(over £100+VAT, applies to zones A&B only, £6+VAT otherwise)
Order online & collect in store
The BN Thermic SCHG-30 Ceiling Grid Heater comes in an aluminium egg-crate grille construction for direct mounting into a ceiling grid formation. The fan-assisted heater provides 3kW of warm, inviting climes for commercial premises and is ceiling-mounted to allow for free access to the floor and wall space, which is an important consideration in all retail premises.
It offers first-class, whole life value from a product that is built to the highest possible standard and designed to give years of hassle-free service. It is tailored for quick, hassle-free installation and has a range of control options, that maintain running costs at very low levels.
Fan settings can also be adjusted by a CS-7 wall mounted controller, for on/ off / high heat / low heat and fan only settings
It also features include a slim depth of only 153mm and an air inlet and outlet through the front panel, meaning there is no requirement for air supply from the ceiling void. It is pre-wired to a rear-mounted terminal enclosure, meaning there is a complete lack of unsightly exposed wiring in view.
This model’s features include a auto-reset for over-temperature protection. It also simple to reduce the heat output in these cases by simply removing the link in the rear-mounted enclosure - it can drop to 2kW if needed.
Typical applications for the SCHG-30 would be shops, changing rooms, entrance areas and commercial areas in general.
Dimensions: 576mm (width) x 153mm (height) x 592mm (depth)
Basic manual control can be provided by the BN Thermic CS-7 controller offering on/off/high heat/low heat/fan only settings. Temperature control can be provided by the wall-mounted BN Thermic RST-TP tamperproof thermostat. When required a heater can be controlled by both CS-7 controller and RST-TP thermostat.
BN Thermic SCHG-30 Fan Assisted Heater - Features
- It provides warm air - ideal for commercial premises
- Ceiling mounting position allows free use of floor and wall space, an important consideration in retail premises
- First class whole life value from a product built to the highest possible standard and designed to give many years of trouble free service
- Low running costs by selecting from a range of control options
- Specifically designed for quick hassle free installation
- Typical Applications: Shops, Changing rooms, Entrance areas, Retail, Wholesalers, Charity shops, etc
- Sized specifically to rest in the T bar of 600 x 600 suspended ceiling grid.
- Improves air distribution - it has a white aluminium air diffuser.
- Auto-reset over-temperature device: A safety feature, ensuring that the heater is switched off should the air flow become obstructed
- Rear-mounted terminal enclosures: Easy connection to power supply and optional remote mounted controller and/or wall mounted thermostat
- Low profile design with only 160mm clearance required above suspended ceiling: they are suitable for premises with restricted ceiling void
Fan Assisted Heater - Technical
- Recommended mounting height: 2.4m - 3.0m
- Mains voltage: 230V
- Airflow: 245m3/h; 3kW
- Dimensions: 576mm width, 592mm depth, 153mm height.
- Required clearance above grid: 200mm.
- Safety distance from heater: 1.5m
- Noise level at 2m: 56dB (tested in factory)
- Designed to rest in the T bar of a 600 x 600 suspended ceiling grid
- Air inlet and outlet through front panel – no requirement for air supply from the ceiling void
- Colour: Exposed surfaces white RAL9016. Other surfaces zinc plated steel
- Finish: Epoxy polyester powder coating
- Construction: 0.9mm steel case, aluminium air diffuser in brilliant white.
- The fan: Tangential fan with low noise aluminium fan blades
- Assembly: Shaded pole high performance motor. Factory lubricated bearings (servicing not required)
- The heating element: High quality nickel-chrome resistance wire supported by ceramic plates and fitted with an automatically resetting over-temperature device
- Installation: Designed to rest in the T-bar of a 600 x 600 suspended ceiling grid. Recommended mounting heights 2.5m to 4m above floor level
- White aluminium egg-crate diffuser
- Pre-wired to rear mounted terminal enclosure
- Auto-reset over-temperature protection
- Weight: 9kg
IMPORTANT! A minimum clearance of 205mm is needed between the bottom of the false ceiling and the original roof/ceiling to allow installation of the heater. DO NOT use plastic type diffusers as these may be damaged by the heat.
Need more detailed specs?
Sparks Direct delivers via courier to the UK only; the standard delivery charge is £6 + VAT for all orders under £100 + VAT. If your order is over £120, you get free delivery (unless there's a special delivery charge for the items you wish to order or you're in shipping zone C or D). Full details for shipping charges can be found via Terms and Conditions.
If the items you order are in stock and the order is placed before 1.00pm, delivery can be made within 1-2 working days. If the items are not in stock, we will inform you via email how long it will take or ask for your confirmation if there's a long lead time.
We offer 30-day returns for unwanted items - please email us to request a returns number which will need to be quoted when the items are returned. For faulty items or items damaged in transit, please advise via email, and an appropriate returns number will be provided. Full details concerning returns and refunds can be found via our Terms and Conditions.