4 Gang 250W Loading Rotary Dimmer Aged Brass Plate and Knobs on a Twin Plate by Forbes and Lomax
This is the Forbes and Lomax X4GRD250/OLB, a four gang 250W loading rotary dimmer coming in an aged brass plate and with aged brass knobs, manufactured by Forbes and Lomax - on a twin plate (a two gang size plate).
Please note: this is a 4 gang rotary dimmer with push on/off switch function using rotary knobs on a double plate, requiring a double back box. The knobs have the function of both of switching ON/OFF only and of dimming (max. 250W per gang). They are not suitable for LED dimming - this is not an LED dimmer (see X4GTE250/OLB for the corresponding LED dimmer).
The Forbes and Lomax Aged Brass finish has been designed to look beautifully antiqued upon installation and has been left unlacquered to patina even more over time. Alternatively, it can be polished to bring back some of the shine.
The real beauty of this finish from Forbes & Lomax lies in the mellow aged look of the brass, as though it has been an original part of the interior for many years. The toggles, dimmer knobs and push buttons are supplied polished but unlacquered, providing a subtle accent to the more muted finish of the plates.
About the Forbes and Lomax Dimmer Switches
- The Forbes and Lomax dimmer switches are 2-way and can dim either Halogen Lamps, LED Lamps or 0-10v lights.
- Dimmers can also act as dummy dimmers; they can be regular on/off 2 way or intermediate.
- However, dimmers cannot be combined with dolly switches or rocker switches.
- The Forbes and Lomax dimmer switches are available in the following finishes: the Unlacquered Brass Range, the Nickel Silver Range, the Verdigris Range, the Invisible Lightswitch® Range, the Antique Bronze Range, the Stainless Steel Range, the Aged Brass Range.
4 Gang 250W Dimmer Switch - Specs
- It is a 4 gang rotary dimmer on a two gang plate for wall mounting, each dimmer taking up to 250W halogen load.
- It is not suitable for dimming LED lamps;
- Standards: Conforms with IEC 669-2-1 or BSEN 60669-2-1
- All Forbes and Lomax rotary dimmer switches require British standard 35mm deep flush wall boxes (to be ordered separately).
- Plate dimensions: 146mm x 86mm.
About the Forbes and Lomax Aged Brass Finish
- It can be left unlacquered to patina over time.
- It can be polished to make it a little shiny.
- It has a mellow aged looking brass, as if it was part of the interior for many years.
- Toggles, dimmer knobs, and push buttons are polished but unlacquered.
|Switches & Sockets Specific|
|Back Box Depth||35mm|
|Brand||Forbes and Lomax|
|Plate Dimensions||146mm x 86mm|
Need more detailed specs?
Sparks Direct delivers via courier to the UK only; the standard delivery charge is £6 + VAT for all orders under £100 + VAT. If your order is over £120, you get free delivery (unless there's a special delivery charge for the items you wish to order or you're in shipping zone C or D). Full details for shipping charges can be found via Terms and Conditions.
If the items you order are in stock and the order is placed before 1.00pm, delivery can be made within 1-2 working days. If the items are not in stock, we will inform you via email how long it will take or ask for your confirmation if there's a long lead time.
We offer 30-day returns for unwanted items - please email us to request a returns number which will need to be quoted when the items are returned. For faulty items or items damaged in transit, please advise via email, and an appropriate returns number will be provided. Full details concerning returns and refunds can be found via our Terms and Conditions.