What is Aico AudioLINK? It is a revolutionary new data extraction technology which is integrated into all the Aico CO alarms (Carbon Monoxide alarms) and in the new Multi-Sensor fire alarm. It is a great tool for landlords since it allows real time data to be extracted via the alarm's sounder, providing proof that the alarms are working properly, and that it is being tested regularly by the tenants.
All you need to do is have an AudioLINK enabled alarm, a tablet or smartphone, and the free AudioLINK app (which is available on iOS, Android, and Windows phones)! The data you extract is converted into an easy-to-use colour-coded Alarm Status Report, which is simple to review and store. It records alarm activations, run time, battery level, test button activation, and much more.
What can the AudioLINK technology do?
Based on real time facts, you can take real time action! With the help of Aico AudioLINK you can:
- extract the data from the alarm with the help of an Android smartphone/tablet and app
- be on-site with alarm in situ when you extract the data
- save time for response, as the contractors are on-site and able to gain access to real time facts
- save unnecessary expensive HSE checks if CO is reported (useful in detecting false claims)
- extract data again and again, as needed
- store the data for the lifetime of the alarm, thus enabling historic information to be retained
- get an Alarm Status report to profide the evidence required for maintenance of records
- have all this with a 10 year life CO alarms to prove this is the best value protection!
Extracting the Data from AudioLINK-enabled Alarms
Extracting the data from the AudioLINK enabled alarms in order to generate a real time Alarm Status Report is easy in three simple steps:
- Step 1. Press the button on the alarm three times.
- Step 2. The alarm will emit a number of beeps. The phone/app will pick these up via the microphone.
- Step 3. The phone/app will show the Alarm Status Report.
The AudioLINK Alarm Status Report - Features
The Alarm Status Report generated by the app with AudioLINK will be for the life of the alarm so far; it is colour coded in order to identify the urgency of any issues. Some of the items indicated by the Alarm Status Report are:
- the number of days the alarm has been powered
- whether the alarm sensor is working
- the record of the number of times the alarm has been tested and when
- if the alarm has been activated, due to the CO being detected, there's a record of how many times, the CO level, and the last time it occurred
- any background CO being detected and the last time it occurred
- the status of the battery life
- if CO is detected, there's a red panel displaying the peak level of Carbon Monoxide sensed; this resets every time the alarm is removed.
- the number of times the alarm has been removed from its base, and the last time it occurred.
- the number of times a low battery has ben detected and the last time it occurred.
The information displayed in the Alarm Status Report can be used to tell whether there has been any immediate issues with the CO Alarm, for example, if the alarm is coming to its end of life, it can be dealt with immediately. And if you want to save these reports, you can email them to yourself. You can also see more information concerning each of the features of the alarm, and definitions of technical terms.
To store the report generated, further details can be added about the location of the alarm or additional comments such as time and date, and then these are emailed to a cetrain location to maintain the records.
What Carbon Monoxide Alarms use AudioLINK?
Ei Electronics Aico has a wide range of battery powered CO Alarms (10 year sealed Lithium battery, BS EN 50291-1:2010, BS EN 50291-2:2010) and Mains Powered CO Alarms (mains powered with 10 year rechargeable Lithium battery back-up, BS EN 50291-1:2010) that use the AudioLINK technology.
Among the battery powered CO Alarms using AudioLINK are:
- Aico Ei208 - a standalone battery CO alarm
- Aico Ei208W - a battery CO Alarm, RadioLINK upgradeable
- Aico Ei208DW - a battery CO Alarm, RadioLINK upgradeable with Digital Display
- Aico Ei2018WRF (RadioLINK CO Alarm) and Aico Ei208DWRF (RadioLINK CO Alarm with digital display).
Mains powered CO Alarms using AudioLINK are:
- Aico Ei262 - a RadioLINK CO Alarm
- Aico Ei261ENRC - a hard-wired CO alarm
- Aico Ei261DENRC - a hard wired CO alarm with digital display
You can easily recognize the AudioLINK alarms by the symbol on the box.