Aico Ei160 fire alarms are designed to the highest standards of safety for use in new developments and domestic properties. The Ei164RC heat detector is mains-powered and also includes a rechargeable lithium cell which will power the device for ten years or more in the event of mains failure.
Easy to install thanks to the unique Easi-fit base, the Ei164RC is compatible with the Ei168RC RadioLINK base unit for wireless interconnectivity with a wider fire alarm system, or external devices such as strobe lights and fire alarms for the deaf and hard-of-hearing.
The Ei164RC Easi-fit mains powered Heat Alarm forms part of our highest specification range, especially so when coupled to the RadioLINK system.
The Aico Ei164RC has been designed for the specifier, installer and end user demanding the very highest standards of safety.
By using rechargeable Vandium Pentoxide Lithium Cells the alarm provides the most effective and reliable back-up power available. Maintenance requirements are negligible.
The unit is quick, simple and economical to install, with all the control circuitry built into it. There's no need for extra bases or terminals. It uses the standard Aico Easi-fit baseplate and is compatible with existing 160 series alarms if no control device is to be introduced.
- Advanced suppression and calibration technology for reduced nuisance alarms and correct smoke sensitivity.
- 10 year+ lithium cell back-up supply.
- Hush button for false alarm control on all models - optical, ionisation and heat.
- Separate mains and warning LEDs.
- Precision charging circuit.
- Low cell power warning.
- RadioLINK & Modifire system compatible.
- Easi-fit fixing system - reduces installation time and effort.
- Large, easily identifiable wiring connections.
- Multiple cable entries.
- Mini trunking removable access door.
- 5 amp relay mounting kit available.
- Automatic circuit test every 40 seconds.
- Multi-purpose fixings - for use on plasterboard, concrete or wood surfaces.
- Comprehensive 5 year guarantee.
Heat detectors are less likely to cause false alarm problems as they are not responsive to any type of smoke or fumes, only heat. They are ideal for protecting kitchens and garages and other areas subject to false alarms. However, because of the potential for a slower response than smoke alarms, they should only be used in a fire detection system that also includes smoke alarms, and all of the alarms must be interconnected.