Aico Ei168RC RadioLINK Base Unit for Wireless Interconnection of Aico Ei140 Alarms
The Aico RadioLINK uses radio frequency signals to link alarms together making installation quicker and easier. This is the Aico Ei168RC base unit (mains powered with Lithium battery back-up) compatible with the Aico Ei140RC series alarms to connect these alarms together via RadioLINK. It eliminates tricky wiring runs, it saves you time and money (and mess), and it makes it easier to add in new alarms and accessories to the system.
Please note: this item is non-returnable; due to the nature of this item, it has an electronic component and sensor, and we cannot take this item back for a refund as "unwanted".
Aico Ei168RC easi-fit RF Base - Features
- The Aico Ei168RC RadioLINK Base is an easi-fit mounting plate with built-in RadioLINK - a technology which provides wireless interconnect between alarms, i.e. when one alarm is triggered, all alarms in the system sound. This base is mains powered unit with a rechargeable lithium cell back-up, to be used instead of the easi-fit base to enable the alarms to have RadioLINK capabilities. The Aico Ei168RC RadioLINK base is compatible with all the Aico 140RC Series alarms – Aico Ei146RC, Aico Ei144RC, and Aico Ei141RC.
- The other series of Aico alarms - the Aico 160e Series and Multi-Sensor Fire Alarm - use a RadioLINK Module, Aico Ei100MRF, directly into the head of the alarm to gain RadioLINK+ capabilities instead of a base.
- Once all the alarms have been installed the RadioLINK system is secured by a special House Coding function to safeguard the system from interference from other RF systems.
- Aico Ei168RC allows for easy expansion of an existing hard-wired interconnected system. A mixed wired and wireless system is often referred to as a hybrid system. To set a hybrid system up – Simply fit one Ei168RC base to an alarm in the existing alarms and any new alarms with Ei168RC bases. Once installation is complete House Code the alarms together into a system. If any alarm, hard-wired or wireless, is now triggered it will sound all the alarms in the system.
Aico Ei168RC RadioLINK Base Unit - Technical
- Supply Voltage: 230V AC, 50Hz.
- Power Consumption: 2.4W
- Battery Back-up: Rechargeable lithium cells.
- RF Frequency: 868, 499Mhz RadioLINK protocol.
- RF Power: +5dBm.
- RF Protocol: Proprietary RadioLINK using multi-path, multi-repeater mesh architecture.
- RF Range: 30 metres
- System Size: 12 RadioLINK devices max.
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 40°C. Storage – 0 to 35°C (in a dry area).
- Humidity Range: 15% to 95% relative humidity.
- Indicators: Blue LED for RF and fault signals - typically RF transmission, house code mode, low battery
- Plastic Material: HIP UL 94 V0 Flame Retardant
- Dimensions – Product: 150mm dia. x 37mm (20mm installed).
- Dimensions – Boxed: 153mm x 153mm x 40mm.
- Weight: 176g (235g when boxed).
- Guarantee: 5 years.
- Approvals: CE certified / EN300220-3 (RF) / 301498-3 (EMC).
Need more detailed specs?
Sparks Direct delivers via courier to the UK only; the standard delivery charge is £6 + VAT for all orders under £100 + VAT. If your order is over £120, you get free delivery (unless there's a special delivery charge for the items you wish to order or you're in shipping zone C or D). Full details for shipping charges can be found via Terms and Conditions.
If the items you order are in stock and the order is placed before 1.00pm, delivery can be made within 1-2 working days. If the items are not in stock, we will inform you via email how long it will take or ask for your confirmation if there's a long lead time.
We offer 30-day returns for unwanted items - please email us to request a returns number which will need to be quoted when the items are returned. For faulty items or items damaged in transit, please advise via email, and an appropriate returns number will be provided. Full details concerning returns and refunds can be found via our Terms and Conditions.