Aico Ei129 Switched Input Module for Triggering Sprinkler working with Ei2110, 160RC and 140 Series
(over £100+VAT, applies to zones A&B only , £6 +VAT otherwise)
Order online & collect in store
This is the Ei129 Hard Wired Switched Input Module - this module triggers the alarms in a system if an external device is activated, such as a sprinkler system. It is a mains powered with a rechargeable lithium cell back up, and it connects with the alarm system through a hard wire interconnect. The Aico Ei129 is compatible with the Ei2110e Multi-Sensor Fire Alarm, 160e Series alarms and the 140RC Series.
Please note: this item is non-returnable; due to the nature of this item, it has an electronic component and sensor, and we cannot take this item back for a refund as "unwanted".
This item comes with a cover, and it can also be mounted underneath an alarm.
Ei Electronics Ei129 - Operation
- When the volt-free contacts connected to the Switched Input Module are closed, all interconnected smoke, heat and CO alarms will sound.
- When the device triggering the Switched Input Module resets (i.e. when the contacts switch back) it will automatically reset and all interconnected alarms will cease sounding.
Aico Ei129 - Technical Specs
- Fitted with a 3 way connector block for ease of wiring.
- Features 3 x 25mm trunking knockouts for surface wiring and centre knockout for recess wiring.
- The Switched Input Module is designed to connect to Volt free contacts (Normally Open or Normally Closed) that are 230V AC rated (e.g. a flow switch on a sprinkler system or alarm control panel). When the contacts close, it will interconnect with the smoke, heat or CO alarms in the system causing them to sound. The device is approved to BS EN60065:2002/A1:2006 and is CE marked.
- Temperature Range: 0°C to 40°C. Relative humidity: 0% to 95%.
- The Switched Input Module runs on 230V AC mains power, and has built-in tamper proof rechargeable Lithium cells that act as a battery back up in the event of mains failure. These rechargeable cells are designed to have a 10 year life and outlast the life of the module itself, whilst providing up to 2 months of operation without mains power.
- Dimensions of unit: 135mm diameter x 25mm depth.
- Any combination of 2110e, 160e and 140RC and 260 Series smoke, heat and CO alarms can be interconnected to a maximum of 20 units (the Ei129 counts as one unit).
- Weight inclusive of packaging: 200g.
- The Ei129 is designed to be either remotely sited or can be sited under a smoke/heat alarm by removing the cover plate and mounting the alarm base plate onto the unit.
- More than one Ei129 can be used on a system if required on the condition that no more than 20 units are used in the system (1 x Ei129 counts as one unit).
- Warranty: 5 year (limited) warranty
- Approvals: BS EN 60065: 2002/A1:2006
- Fixing: Mounts underneath easi-fit base alarms, or site remotely. Fixings supplied
- Manufactured in Ireland.
Please note that the 10-year guarantee period is from the year of the manufacture and not from the year of purchase. Therefore, if the alarm is purchased 5 years after the manufacture (for example), the guarantee is only for 5 years.
Need more detailed specs?
Sparks Direct delivers via courier to the UK only; the standard delivery charge is £6 + VAT for all orders under £100 + VAT. If your order is over £120, you get free delivery (unless there's a special delivery charge for the items you wish to order or you're in shipping zone C or D). Full details for shipping charges can be found via Terms and Conditions.
If the items you order are in stock and the order is placed before 1.00pm, delivery can be made within 1-2 working days. If the items are not in stock, we will inform you via email how long it will take or ask for your confirmation if there's a long lead time.
We offer 30-day returns for unwanted items - please email us to request a returns number which will need to be quoted when the items are returned. For faulty items or items damaged in transit, please advise via email, and an appropriate returns number will be provided. Full details concerning returns and refunds can be found via our Terms and Conditions.