If you ever paid us a visit in our showroom in Archway you have definitely met Polo, our best employee and the best dog in the world!
A white German shepherd with a very calm and soothing character, he always welcomes the customers and entertains them, some coming by just to see how is Polo doing...
We can't neglect Polo when we are talking about Sparks Electrical - he is at the same time the best guy around in the company and the most troublesome one (not of his own fault):
# He's the best - he never insulted anyone but always brought in peace and joy among the people working here. # He is the most troublesome - his sleeping in the middle of the corridor has made many of us attempt to jump and do "a wide step over him".
8 Things You Didn't Know About PoloThere are many things to be said about this white-haired employee of ours, who never works or sweats in doing things but always walks around, plays with people, barks, and sleeps... Here are at least 8 things we came up with concerning Polo, our dog, which you never knew until now.
- He understands you and he sympathizes with you - no kidding, when you look into his eyes and he looks into yours, he gives you the impression that he understands you and sympathizes with you... Many a time he brought peace in a troubled soul who looked into his eyes...
- He calms things down - in the running to and fro to serve customers with all kinds of electrical items, lights, etc, not everyone is all the time patient and in a good mood. But when Polo is there, your heart melts and you just lean over to stroke him... Miraculously, things are calmed down when he was around.
- He never bites - some of us like to play with him and, sadly to say, we may have even stepped on his tail by mistake, but he never bit anyone of us! This doesn't mean he doesn't bite, it's just that, due to his temper and his training, he does NOT bite.
- Polo never gets upset with anyone - sometimes he's in the wrong place at the wrong time, sleeping right there in the middle of the most walked corridor in the warehouse, but even when you tell him to go away or push him, he never gets upset. Honestly, I would get upset - why doesn't he?
- Polo loves our customers and our customers love him - he's eager to know them :) and to be patted on by them. The most friendly person in our company is this white hairy guy, Polo, who is always there to cheer you up.
- Polo is NOT our employee - though we might have called him, "our employee", he is NOT hired by us and cannot be fired by Sparks. He just accompanies his master (our boss) to work, and he literally does NOTHING (when you would quantify his work in comparison to what everyone else does).
- Polo is never wrong and he is never guilty - Even when we give him something to eat (though we're advised not to... it breaks your heart to see him looking at you when you have a nice lunch), it is not Polo who is told off but we are the guilty ones - why did you feed the dog? He's got his own food!
- Polo is the BEST dog in the whole white world. And do not even dare to say something different, or else... there may be some trouble. Believe me, we tried to convince "certain people" that Polo might not be the best dog in the world, but we had to give up. He just is. The best dog. In the whole world!
And, by the way, if you want to see Polo, make sure you visit us in Archway, North London, at our Sparks and Lights showroom.
We can't guarantee he's in all the time, but... you might just meet him!