Your shopping cart is empty!
1. What are the fire alarm requirements for New – Build properties?
2. What is a Grade D system?
3. What do LD2 and LD3 mean?
4. What are the requirements for existing properties?
5. What is a Fire Risk Assessment?
6. If I install an LD2 level of cover can this remove my responsibilities to conduct a Fire Risk Assessment?
7. What do I need to do to address the requirements of ‘special needs’ people or groups?
8. What types of sensor are available?
9. How do Aico Ei Ionisation and Optical Smoke Alarms work?
10. What are the advantages and disadvantages of both sensor types ?
11. How do Aico Ei Heat Alarms work?
12. Which Alarm should I use where?
13. Where should alarms be sited?
They should be sited on the ceiling, close enough to a potential source of fire so they can respond quickly. The Building Regulations requires that the installation of self-contained mains powered with battery back-up Smoke Alarms in all new and refurbished dwelling houses should, at least, meet the following requirements:
14. How many do I need?
15. Where shouldn’t Smoke Alarms be sited?
16. Will they always work?
Go back to the Frequently Asked Questions index, or read more about the rest of the questions:
17. What cable do I need for the Aico Mains connections and where should the supply be taken from?
18. What cable do I need for the interconnect line?
19. How do I mount the Aico Alarms on the ceiling?
20. Can I fit the Aico Smoke or Heat Alarm on the wall?
21. How many Aico Smoke and Heat Alarms can I link together?
22. Can I use a relay to signal other devices?
23. Can I use the relay to connect to a 24 Volt Fire Alarm System?
24. How often should they be tested?
25. Should they be tested with smoke/heat?
26. What maintenance schedule is recommended?
27. How long will the battery last?
28. How will I know if the battery has failed?
29. How long do Aico Smoke Alarms last?
30. How do I stop nuisance alarms?
31. What is the radiation risk from Aico Ionisation Smoke Alarms?
32. How do I dispose of redundant Aico Ei alarms that contain a NiCad battery?
33. Are the Aico Ei alarms with rechargeable Lithium Cells compatible with previous models?
34. Why choose Aico Ei Professional Smoke Alarms?