Since it is UL listed, this range of light fittings can be used in wet locations and it is suitable both for indoor and outdoor applications. As to the design, Dioscuri's minimalist design features makes it a simple globe with a totally hidden support structure.
The globe diffusers are made of etched white hand-blown glass, and this range, the Artemide Dioscuri, is available in the following distinct sizes:
- Dioscuri 14 globe lamp (14 cm diameter);
- Dioscuri 25 from Artemide (10" - 25 cm diameter);
- Dioscuri 35 diameter (14" - 35 cm diameter);
- Dioscuri 42 (42 cm diameter), not available ATM.
Note: The lamp is designed for mounting to standard electrical junction boxes UL approved.
More Features of the Dioscuri range from Artemide
- Design: Michele de Lucchi, 1999;
- Globe diffuser in etched white handblown glass;
- Concealed mounting plate in white polycarbonate;
- Mounting to standard electrical junction boxes;
- Base in thermoplastic resin, acid etched blown glass diffuser;
- Newly redesigned to incorporate compact fluorescent option utilizing GU24 base with integrated ballast and lamp holder;
- U.L. listed for wet locations;
- Incandescent light source - The Artemide Dioscuri 14, takes max. 1 x 60W (G9) halogen; - The Artemide Dioscuri 25 (Ø10"), takes max. 1 x 100W (E27) halogen; - The Artemide Dioscuri 35 (Ø14"), takes max 1 x 150W (E27) halogen; - The Artemide Dioscuri 42, takes max 1 x 250W (E27) halogen;
- Can be mounted on either the wall or the ceiling; there is also a version of the Artemide Dioscuri that can be a table lamp (see website);
- IP rating: IP65 rated, can be placed in the bathroom zones 1-3;
- Buy online the Artemide Dioscuri Wall / Ceiling mounted lamps for indoor use.