This device is yet another Energy Saving Solution from CP Electronics
. The CP Electronics EBDSPIR-HB-PRM presence/absence detector
has been specifically designed for the detection of movement in high bay lighting applications such as warehouses and factories. All EBDSPIR-HB presence detectors
can be set up from ground level using our simple programming handset. The EBDSPIR-HB-PRM PIR (passive infrared) detector
provides automatic control of lighting loads with optional manual control. This product has been specifically designed for the detection of movement in high bay lighting applications such as warehouses and factories. It can be used on incandescent, fluorescent and compact fluorescent lighting, and has the added benefit of being able to connect an external switch.
The CP Electronics EBDSPIR has two main modes of operation
- The EBDSPIR Presence Detection: When movement is detected by the EBDSPIR presence detector, the load will automatically turn on. When the area is no longer occupied the load will automatically switch off after an adjustable time period. If an external switch is connected, this can override the lights off (after the detection time period has elapsed it will revert to automatic operation). An integral adjustable photocell allows the lights to be kept off if there is sufficient ambient light.
- The EBDSPIR Absence Detection: The load is manually switched on using an external switch. When the area is no longer occupied the load will automatically be switched off by the EBDSPIR absence detector after the adjustable time period has elapsed. Pressing the switch again during occupancy override the lights off (after the detection time period has elapsed it will revert to automatic operation).
In both modes of operation a short button press turns the load on whilst a long button press turns the load off. An integral infra-red sensor in the unit allows the unit to be programmed using the optional DD-LCDHS-LR programming handset
. This gives complete flexibility over many of the operating parameters. Without the handset, manual adjustments can be made to the sensitivity, lux and time settings using the controls on the rear of the sensor head.
The CP Electronics EBDSPIR Technical Features
- Load taken: 10A of lighting and or ventilation including incandescent, fluorescent, compact fluorescent, low voltage (switch primary of transformer);
- Supply Voltage: 220-240 Volts AC 50 Hz;
- Presence and Absence detector;
- Time Out Period: Adjustable 10 seconds to 99 minutes;
- Full EBDSPIR-HB-PRM Ceiling PIR Technical Details(pdf file);
- Light Level: Light to dark;
- Terminal Capacity: 2.5mm2;
- Ideal for: factories, warehouses, high bay lighting applications;
- Material: Flame retardant ABS;
- Class 2 electrical rated;
- Temperature: -10°C to 35°C;
- Conforms to: EMC-89/336/EEC, LVD-73/23/EEC;
- Buy online the CP Electronics EBDSPIR-HB-PRM ceiling presence detector with lux level adjustment.
Are you interested in other energy saving devices for domestic or office use? Make sure you check out the other CP Electronics devices
via the Energy Saving Devices