After seeing the main features of the Lutron QS Control panel
(customisable preset lighting control system
), here are some of the "lighting control strategies
" incorporated / that can be used in the Lutron QS systems
. These various control strategies can provide the functionality and energy conservation needed for each space. While the preset scene control is inherent in all the Lutron Grafik Eye QS solutions
, these additional strategies can be utilised independently or together.
Control Strategies for Lutron Grafik QS
Preset Scene Control
- Lighting presets easily recall different scenes for different purposes;
- The preset scenes provide a convenient way to recall lighting (compared to making adjustments on multiple dimmers);
- Four preset scenes are available on the main preset control unit while 16 presets are available via additional wallstations.
- Quietly control daylight with precision and elegance at the touch of a button;
- Daylight is a source of light and needs to be controlled to provide the right light level for the activity and time of day;
- The blinds can be integrated with room presets or operated independently;
- Also, the blinds are available in both sheer and blackout materials.
- You can control lights and blinds automatically based on a user-defined schedule;
- The time clock control provides automatic changes at specific times throughout the day;
- The time clock control can be used to turn off lights and adjust blinds after-hours in spaces that are typically operated manually;
- The time clock events can be scheduled in real time or relative to sunrise and sunset.
- You have the lights turned on and off automatically based on room occupancy;
- Excellent way for energy saving(when no one is in the room, the light is off);
- The occupancy sensors reduce energy consumption by automatically shutting off lights in unoccupied spaces.
- Provide control points throughout a space;
- Typical locations include room entrances, presentation points, at bedside, or by a desk;
- The wallstations are available in a number of button configurations based on their function (on/off, preset, blind control, etc.);
- The wallstations also allow control of lights and blinds by toggle, preset scene, and raise/lower.
- Set lighting controls to adapt to changes in room configurations;
- The partitioning allows the lighting control to track how the walls of a flexible space change;
- Controls can be combined or separated manually as well as automatically via infrared partition sensors.
- Provide hand-held control for lights and blinds with an infrared remote control;
- Portable control can be a Lutron control or a “learnable” device such as a universal remote;
- Lighting presets and individual blind zones are accessible via the device.
- Integrate lights and blinds with A/V and building management systems;
- Provide access to the lighting presets and individual blind zones from an A/V system or building management system;
- The connection between the lighting control system and the A/V or building management system can be accomplished via RS232, ethernet, wired infrared, or contact closures.
Consult the guide to the Grafik QS preset scenes for the residential or the commercial environments
, and see what is the Lutron QS Grafik system composed of
. To purchase online the Lutron Grafik Eye QS
, visit the Lutron Grafik Eye section
or contact us