The CP Electronics MRT16-REM
device is a remote activated timer - a time delay switch
. Just like the other CP Electronics Energy Saving devices
like the ELT10 Automatic Operated Emergency Lighting Test Switch
, the CP Electronics SPIR-F energy saving device
, the CP Electronics RBT2(IHT16A)
, and the CP Electronics EllipseW push button time lag switch
, the MRT16-REM is a remote activated timer
. This multi range timer can be used for a number of applications including staircase lighting and pump overrun for central heating. The device has a blank face plate which is tamperproof. Its primary advantage is that it can be mounted remotely away from the load it is controlling.
- The MRT16 series of time delay switches are designed to provide timed control of lighting, heating or ventilation loads.
- Using push button, touch (light press required), pull cord or remote activation, the user can switch on a load for a preset time period and have the load turn off automatically after the time period has elapsed.
- Multiple timing ranges come as standard to allow the time out period to be set accurately.
- Time setting is achieved using switches and a thumbwheel at the rear of the unit.
Several modes of operation
are selectable using switches:
- On/off: triggering the timer will turn on the load and start the timing. Triggering the timer again during timing will immediately turn off the load and stop the timing.
- Resetting: triggering the timer will turn on the load and start the timing. Triggering the timer again during timing will re-start the timing period from scratch. When using an external trigger In this mode, the timer will not start until the trigger is removed making it ideal for pump or fan overrun applications.
- Non-resetting: triggering the time will turn on the load and start the timing. Triggering the timer again during timing will have no affect.
- Optional neon indicators provide permanent illumination or illumination during the timing period.
CP Electronics MRT16-REM Remote Activated Timer - Features
More Energy Saving Devices
- Remote activation—external trigger only;
- Load Taken by the CP Electronics MRT16-REM:
# 16 Amp resistive load;
# 10 Amp incandescent lighting;
# 6 Amp fluorescent lighting;
# 3 Amp compact fluorescent lighting;
# 3 Amp low energy lighting;
# 3 Amp low voltage lighting (switch primary of transformer);
# Fluorescent lighting (max 6 fittings recommended);
# For fluorescent lighting total power factor correction capacitance must not exceed 40microF;
# 3 Amp fans and ventilation equipment;
# Switch SON lighting loads via a contactor;
- Supply Voltage: 220-240 Volts AC 50 Hz;
- Timing Period: Adjustable 1 second to 2 hours in ranges;
- Fixing Method: Surface fixing 25mm deep plastic surface mount moulded box. Flush fixing 25mm steel wall box or 32mm deep cavity wall box;
- Terminal Capacity: 4.0mm2;
- Material: Flame retardant ABS;
- Class 2 Electrical Rated;
- Temperature: -10°C to 35°C;
- Conformity: EMC-89/336/EEC and LVD-73/23/EEC;
- More technical details about this energy saving device from CP Electronics - the 320A Remote Activated Timer(pdf file);
- Buy online the CP Electronics MRT16-REM remote activated timer device via SparksDirect.
- via the Switches and Sockets section
on our blog or the Energy Management
section on our website.