Wall PIR Presence Detector with Adjustable Lux Level Sensing and Time Delay CP Electronics SPIR-PRM
This is the CP Electronics SPIR-PRM, a Wall Mounted PIR Presence Detector (occupancy sensor) with neutral connection for back box wall mounting (back box to be purchased separately), ideal for occupancy detection.
The modern CP Electronics SPIR-PRM presence detector switches are designed to provide automatic control of lighting, heating or ventilation loads. They detect movement using a PIR sensor which subsequently switch the load on or OFF; a photocell is included to prevent lights from turning on during daytime to save on electricity. If an area is no longer occupied the load will switch off after an adjustable time out period.
An internal light sensor provides additional energy, saving in lighting applications. When an area is occupied, the lighting is only turned on when the level of natural light goes below a preset level. A selectable security mode switches the lights on for a period of 2 hours when it gets dark, regardless of occupancy, to give the impression of a building being occupied in order to ward off potential intruders.
It fits a single gang standard switch box / backbox or a shallow back box when using the supplied extender, and it works with a wide variety of load types including low energy CFL and LED lamps.
Wall PIR Presence Detector Switch - Features
- It provides presence detection and lux level sensing - auto ON, auto OFF
- It works with any type of lamp, including LED lamps.
- It has a neutral connection.
- You can adjust time delay and lux settings via pots.
- It is suitable for lighting, heating, and ventilation loads.
- It comes with a 5 year manufacturer warranty.
- An internal light sensor provides additional energy saving in lighting applications. When an area is occupied lighting is only switched on when the level of natural light is below a preset level.
- A selectable security mode switches the lights on for a period of 2 hours when it gets dark, regardless of occupancy, to give the impression of a building being occupied.
- When installing, avoid direct sunlight entering the sensor, don't site within 1m of forced air heating or ventilation, don't site within 1m of any lighting, and do not fix on a vibrating surface.
CP Electronics SPIR-PRM PIR Occupancy Sensor - Technical Specs
- Model: CP Electronics SPIR-PRM Basic switching, concealed fixings, wall, back box mounted, PIR, occupancy sensor
- Fixing: concealed fixings, for wall mounting; back box mounted.
- PIR occupancy sensor for wall mounting indoor.
- Supply voltage: 220-240 Volts AC Hz
- Load rating: 16A resistive load; 10A incandescent lighting; 6A fluorescent lighting; 3A compact fluorescent lighting, low energy lighting, low voltage lighting (switch primary of transformer), fans and ventilation equipment. Switch SON lighting load via a contactor.
- Quartz halogen heaters: 2600W max, recommended timing 30 minutes, for lower timing switch via contactor
- Time out period: adjustable 10 seconds to 60 minutes in two ranges.
- Light level: Optional adjustment by thumbwheel light to dark
- Terminal capacity: 2.5mm2
- Material: Flame retardant ABS
- Type: Class 2 electrical rated
- Temperature: -10 degrees to 35 degrees Celsius
- Conformity: EN60669-2-1, EN55015. CE Mark
Need more detailed specs?
Sparks Direct delivers via courier to the UK only; the standard delivery charge is £6 + VAT for all orders under £100 + VAT. If your order is over £120, you get free delivery (unless there's a special delivery charge for the items you wish to order or you're in shipping zone C or D). Full details for shipping charges can be found via Terms and Conditions.
If the items you order are in stock and the order is placed before 1.00pm, delivery can be made within 1-2 working days. If the items are not in stock, we will inform you via email how long it will take or ask for your confirmation if there's a long lead time.
We offer 30-day returns for unwanted items - please email us to request a returns number which will need to be quoted when the items are returned. For faulty items or items damaged in transit, please advise via email, and an appropriate returns number will be provided. Full details concerning returns and refunds can be found via our Terms and Conditions.