Some people say, The winter is gone - turn off that heater! And they really mean it - at work, in the car, and at home, they turn off the heater! But others - and we are also among these others - still need some heating elements in addition to the lovely natural sunlight we enjoy from time to time here in England... Portable Heating - a Flexible Heating Solution For those who spend much time at home or are tied to a particular space in the office, it is not so easy to rely only on the central heating - even though sometimes it can be programmed and set to heat up particular rooms only. Sometimes you just need some quick heating for 20-30 minutes, or maybe from time to time during the day you need heating. A wall-mounted and high-electricity-consuming heater is not the solution; rather, what you need is a portable heater. They can be either wall-mounted or they can be freestanding (to be moved as needed). Two Excellent Portable Dimplex Heaters There are all kinds of portable heaters available at Sparks, but today we would like to recommend two specific Dimplex portable heaters. Take a look at them, read at their technical specifications, check out their price, and if you're not decided yet, why not give us a call :) or email us for more details. Oil Filled Radiator with Timer Dimplex OFX 1.5kW is an oil-filled radiator coming fitted with an energy regulator thermostat, being suitable both for home and office use. This kind of heaters provide a balance of convected and radiant heat - just like a conventional radiator - but with the added advantage of a "plug-in" portability. Excellent solution for long term, with a safe design reliable and not drying the air. Dimplex Contrast Portable Heater The Dimplex DXC20 is probably one of the most popular convector heaters, being ideal for use in any room of the house (except the bathroom) where there is no heating or where you need some quick heating right away. This particular model is "for moving around", since it is freestanding using a regular 240V supply. The unique forward facing grille is specifically designed for enhanced heat throw. Since these heaters are can be operated independently from the central heating, they can be turned OFF when they are not needed and ON when you need them. Believe me, you will sometimes need quick heating in a certain room or around the desk in the office. And then you will remember the friendly advice offered to you by Sparks Direct...
Dimplex 3kW EcoDesign PLXE Electric Panel heater with Timers and Thermostat, Dimplex PLXC300E Lot 20 Compliant
This is the Dimplex PLXC300E 3kW PLXE Panel Heater, a Lot 20 compliant electric panel heater with modern and efficient properties. It offers intuitive controls with multiple timers, it comes in a natural white colour and slotted grille, and it naturally fits into any room. It has a high heat output, so it fits into any room that requires a high heat.
Note: this Dimplex heater is for in-store pick-up only - it cannot be delivered, it has to be collected in our showroom in N19 5SE, on Holloway Road, London.
The PLXE range is a great choice for homeowners looking for a modern and efficient electric panel heater. With its natural white colour, gentle curvature and louvered grille*, this heater will fit naturally into any room.
This panel heater features the CapSense controller, providing a more intuitive user experience with its backlit LCD display and touch-sensitive buttons.
Adaptive Start pre-heats the room ahead of a programmed heating schedule for only exactly the amount of time required to meet the desired target temperature at the desired time. For example, if the product was following a timer which was set to 21 degrees at 7am, with Adaptive Start the product will begin heating before 7am to achieve 21 degrees at 7am, without Adaptive Start the heater will only begin heating at 7am.
Open Window detection monitors the room temperature while the heater attempts to achieve a desired room temperature. If the room temperature does not change or decreases while heat is being emitted, the product will stop heating and enter a standby mode in order to not waste energy.
This panel heater is also splash-proof for use in bathrooms and complies with Lot 20 of ERP Directive.
Dimplex PLXC300E Panel Heater - Features and Benefits
- Programmable room temperatures and heating time period
- Multiple seven-day timer profiles
- Electronic seven-day timer profiles
- Electronic thermostat accurate to within 0.2°C
- Energy-saving technologies such as Adaptive Start and Open Window Detection
- The Dimplex PLXC300E 3.00kW Model features a slotted grille
Dimplex PLXC300E Electric Panel Heater - Technical
- Heat source: Electric
- Digitally controlled, electronic thermostat accurate to +/- 0.2 degrees Celsius
- Timer modes: 7 day programmable user timer, out all day, home all day, holiday.
- Continuous heat modes: Eco, Manual, Frost Protect, Setback, Runback, Off
- Controller UI: graphical display with RGB backlight, capacitive buttons with audio feedback, and user replaceable battery (coin-type)
- Controller functions: open window detection, adaptive start, advance time period, adjustable max XP range (7-32 degrees Celsius), bluetooth for software updates, Child Lock & Landlord Lock (PIN-based)
- Construction: Durable epoxy-polyester powder coated steel casing with grille louver forward facing grille; advanced controls with cap-sense technology for total flexibility of heating.
- Element: compact, finned, mineral filled sheathed element.
- Installation: 1 H-frame wall bracket for easy fixing
- Safety: thermal cutout; auto-reset type; overheat protection
- Battery back-up: 3.3V coin cell battery to backup real time clock; battery life >5 years
- Supply: 1.5m fitted, 3 core fused spur installation, 1/N/PE ~230-240V 50Hz, Class I, with earth wire
- Colour / finish: Metal chassis, air outlet grille and control moulding - traffic white (RAL 9016)
- IP Rating: IP24 rated
- Inlet/Outlet location: Bottom, downward-facing / top, front-facing
- Product model number: Dimplex PLXC300E
- Depth: 143mm
- Height: 430mm
- Weight: 8.7kg
- Width: 860mm
- Certifications: BEAB and CE Mark
- Cable Length: 1.3m
- Connection: Three-core cable (Live, Neutral, Earth)
- Digital timer: Yes
- Electric supply: ~230/240 Mains voltage
- Suitable for: Bedroom, Bathroom, Lounge, Dining Room, Hallway and Landing, Utility Room, Study, Conservatory etc
- Thermostat Type: Electronic Type
- Timer type: Digital
- Delayed start: Yes
- Timer: Integral 7-day time and temperature adjustment
Note: Some images and pictures are for reference only. The item may differ from the image/picture due to manufacturer's change. Should you require the exact item in the picture, please call or email us to enquire.
Need more detailed specs?
Sparks Direct delivers via courier to the UK only; the standard delivery charge is £6 + VAT for all orders under £100 + VAT. If your order is over £120, you get free delivery (unless there's a special delivery charge for the items you wish to order or you're in shipping zone C or D). Full details for shipping charges can be found via Terms and Conditions.
If the items you order are in stock and the order is placed before 1.00pm, delivery can be made within 1-2 working days. If the items are not in stock, we will inform you via email how long it will take or ask for your confirmation if there's a long lead time.
We offer 30-day returns for unwanted items - please email us to request a returns number which will need to be quoted when the items are returned. For faulty items or items damaged in transit, please advise via email, and an appropriate returns number will be provided. Full details concerning returns and refunds can be found via our Terms and Conditions.