This is the Apollo 55000-317 conventional smoke detector - a series 65 optical smoke detector, coming without a base (the base needs to be ordered separately). It incorporates a pulsing LED located within the housing of the detector. The external detector moulding is identical to that of the ionisation detector, except that it has an indicator LED which is clear in quiescent state and produces a red light in alarm. They replace the Apollo 60 series, and they can fit within them.
The Apollo series 65 incorporates well-proven technologies together with advances in materials and electronics technology including an IC based on that used in XP95 analogue addressable detectors (as per the manufacturer's specs). This conventional smoke detector can be integrated into security systems when used with a relay base.
Note: this optical smoke detector requires a base, like FX340
Apollo 55000-317 Optical Smoke Detector - Features and Benefits
- It responds well to slow-burning, smouldering fires
- This smoke detector is well suited for bedrooms and escape routes
- Unaffected by wind or atmospheric pressure
- It comes with a flashing LED and a magnet operated test switch option
- Well known in the market place, the Apollo 65 series replaces the 60 series, and is considered by many an industry standard.
Apollo Series 65 Smoke Detector - Technical Specs
- Detector: point type smoke detector (for fire detection and alarm systems for buildings)
- Sensor: Silicon PIN photo-diode
- Emitter: GaAs Infra-red ligh emittion diode
- Sampling frequency: once every 3s
- Confirmation frequency: once every 2s
- No of consecutive sensed alarm signals needed to trigger detector alarm: 3
- Supply voltage: 9V-33V DC
- Alarm Voltage: 6V to 28V
- Alarm indicator: clear light emitting diode (LED) emitting red light
- Holding voltage 6V (min), holding current 10mA (min)
- Sensitivity: nominal alarm threshold of 0.15dB/m obscuration, measured ina ccordance with EN 54-7: 2000
- Temperature range: -20deg C to +60 deg C (no condensation or icing)
- Humidity: 0% to 95% relative humidity. Note: no condensation.
- Insinsitive to wind or to atmospheric pressure.
- IP rating: IP23D, in accordance with BS EN 60529
- Dimensions: 100mm diameter, 42mm height, in base 100mm diameter x 50mm height.
- Weight: 99g detector, 150g detector in base.
- Materials: the detector housing is of white polycarbonate rated V-0 in accordance with UL, and the terminals are nickel plated stainless steel.
- CE Mark
Need more detailed specs?
Sparks Direct delivers via courier to the UK only; the standard delivery charge is £6 + VAT for all orders under £100 + VAT. If your order is over £120, you get free delivery (unless there's a special delivery charge for the items you wish to order or you're in shipping zone C or D). Full details for shipping charges can be found via Terms and Conditions.
If the items you order are in stock and the order is placed before 1.00pm, delivery can be made within 1-2 working days. If the items are not in stock, we will inform you via email how long it will take or ask for your confirmation if there's a long lead time.
We offer 30-day returns for unwanted items - please email us to request a returns number which will need to be quoted when the items are returned. For faulty items or items damaged in transit, please advise via email, and an appropriate returns number will be provided. Full details concerning returns and refunds can be found via our Terms and Conditions.