Flos Skygarden 1 Suspension Pendant Lamp in Matt Gold designed by Marcel Wanders (Italian Lighting)
This item requires:
(over £100+VAT, applies to zones A&B only, £6+VAT otherwise)
Order online & collect in store
The wonderful Skygarden 1 matt gold suspension light was designed in 2007 by Marcel Wanders for the Italian manufacturer Flos. Following its introduction at the 2007 Design Convention in Milan it has since matured into a design icon!
This suspension luminaire provides diffused lighting and reverses the rules by wearing its ornate decoration on the inside of it’s shade.The Skygarden boasts a hemispherical, mechanically-processed cast plaster diffuser, which is delicately painted white inside. The plaster relief augments this beautifully shaped dome suspension light, which comes in a luxurious matt gold.
This beautiful pendant lamp pulls no expenses when it come to its material design, with the diffuser support cast in rigorous die-cast aluminum alloy, liquid-painted white. The upper bushing is also formed in a die-cast, polished aluminum alloy, safeguarded with transparent paint on the visible front.
With the Skygarden the features don’t stop there: the adjustment screws are usefully shaped and galvanised. The transparent silicone shock absorbers cable gland, blocking ring nut, lamp holder and fixing support are all injection-molded with PPS (polyphenylene sulfide) to make for a light fixture that is not only beautiful but highly resistant.
Flos Skygarden 1 Pendant in Matt Gold - Features and Benefits
- Model: Flos F0001044.
- Mains voltage pendant: 240V.
- Mounting type: Pendant, Ceiling mounted - ceiling suspension lamp.
- Finish: Matt gold.
- Lamp used: 1 x 8W LED E27 (energy saving), or 1 x Halogen 105W HGSG (the lamp has to be ordered separately).
- Maximum power: 150W (max. wattage rating).
- Shade dimensions: 600mm (diameter) x 300mm (height).
- IP rating: IP20 rated (not for use in bathrooms, only rated for zone 3).
- CE mark: Yes.
- F Mark: suitable for mounting on flammable surfaces.
- Weight: 13.0kg
- Construction: Glass, plaster, stainless steel.
- Diffuser: Hemispherical, mechanically-processed cast plaster diffuser.
- Plaster diffuser support in die-cast aluminum alloy, liquid-painted black.
- Molded upper bushing in die-cast, polished aluminum alloy, protected with transparent paint on the entire visible part.
- Upper cable gland and blocking ring nut in black injection-molded PC (polycarbonate).
- Shaped, galvanized adjustment screws.
- Transparent, injection-molded, upper and lower silicone shock absorbers.
- Lamp holder and fixing support in black injection-molded PPS (polyphenylene sulfide).
- Flashed and blown opal glass diffuser.
- Molded fixing ring nut in die-cast aluminum alloy with alodine plating.
- Skygarden 1 frieze in photo-etched and mechanically drawn AISI 304 steel.
- Molded and galvanized steel ceiling attachment Gray, injection-molded PA6 (Nylon) rose.
- Cord length: max. 4000mm (it can be adjusted as needed). Suspension steel cable.
- Dimming: dimmable if a dimmable lamp is used.
- Absorbers: Transparent, injection-molded, upper and lower silicone shock absorbers.
- Design: it was designed by Marcel Wanders, 2007.
|Base||E27 / ES|
|Energy Type||Mains Voltage 240V|
|Fire Rating||F Marked|
|Lamp Type||LED Light|
|Light Color||Lamp Dependant|
|Number of Lamps||1|
|Range||Skygarden 1 Pendant|
Need more detailed specs?
Sparks Direct delivers via courier to the UK only; the standard delivery charge is £6 + VAT for all orders under £100 + VAT. If your order is over £120, you get free delivery (unless there's a special delivery charge for the items you wish to order or you're in shipping zone C or D). Full details for shipping charges can be found via Terms and Conditions.
If the items you order are in stock and the order is placed before 1.00pm, delivery can be made within 1-2 working days. If the items are not in stock, we will inform you via email how long it will take or ask for your confirmation if there's a long lead time.
We offer 30-day returns for unwanted items - please email us to request a returns number which will need to be quoted when the items are returned. For faulty items or items damaged in transit, please advise via email, and an appropriate returns number will be provided. Full details concerning returns and refunds can be found via our Terms and Conditions.