9kW High Velocity Warm Air Curtain 1113mm for Above-door Mounting in White (max. 1m door width) BN Thermic HCA2-09
The white HCA2-09 High Velocity Air Curtain, part of BN Thermic heating range, will provide your shop with an ‘invisible barrier’ when placed above a doorway, protecting customers from the outdoor elements whether it be hot or cold. It offers 9kW of welcoming heat output that will be sure to delight those walking into your shop, both with its protective temperature barrier and its sleek, white satin-finished design.
Please Note: For a BN Thermic HCA2 air curtain to provide an effective air barrier, a high air velocity is required. The resulting noise output must be considered. For this reason, we do not recommend HCA2 air curtains for smaller shops or where people are working in close proximity to the entrance.
It can be controlled via the SystemX control (to be ordered separately) - up to 12 air curtains can be controlled from a single point.
It reduces heating costs during winter by utilising high-tech heating elements to deal with any ‘chill factor’ to warm the airstream and offset any chilly breezes. Meanwhile, during the summer, it will intake any warm air and churn it back into your building. It is an absolute must-have for commercial premises of all sizes that operate an ‘open-door policy’ all year round, and additionally will minimise the encroachment of insects or pollutants.
The materials used are advanced to enable the fine balancing act that an air curtain provides; a 1mm steel case and aluminium outlet grill for optimised functionality, finished with an epoxy polyester coating. All BN Thermic HCA air curtains are supplied with a control box for remote mounting and, when required, a thermostat can be connected to the control box, which will then control the heat output while the fan runs continuously. The thermostat has to be ordered separately.
With a length of 1113mm, the BN Thermic HCA-09 will more than comfortably stretch past the top of a 1m door-span, ushering in customers old and new with comfortable temperatures that they will reward with their loyal patronage.
9kW High Velocity Air Curtain (1113mm) - Features
- Model: BN Thermic HCA2-09 high velocity air curtain
- Designed to be installed above doorways in commercial and industrial premises to provide an invisible yet effective barrier between internal and external environments.
- Ideally the selected air curtain should be longer than the width of the door; as a guide, HCA-09 is ideal for 1m max door width.
- Colour: White RAL9010 satin finish
- Finish: Epoxy polyester powder coating
- Construction: 1mm steel case, Aluminium outlet grille
- Minimises ingress of pollutants
- Four M6 threaded holes for drop rod suspension
- Control box provided with every air curtain offering high and low settings for airflow and heat
- Heating Element: Metal sheathed elements with spiral wound cooling fins
- Built-in Control Components: Factory installed 230V fused control circuit, Factory installed contactors
- Control box for remote mounting providing the following settings: On/Off, Low air/No heat, High air/No heat, Low air/Low heat, High air/Low heat, High air/High heat
- Overheat Protection: Two ‘high’ and two ‘high-high’ over-temperature devices fitted
- Installation: Wall-mounted using the mounting plate provided or suspended from drop rods (4 x M6 threaded holes provided)
- Input supply: 400V 3Phase + Neutral + Earth
- Power supply (min. cable size): 1.5mm² - 3 Live cables, 1 Neutral cable and 1 Earth Cable
- Recommended Mounting Height: 2.5m to 4m
- Maximum operating ambient temperature: 30°C
- Dimensions: Length 1113mm, depth 265mm, height 254mm
- kW: high 9.0kW, low 4.5kW
- Airflow: high 1879 m3/h, low 1444m3/h
- Noise: 66dB estimate at 3m (noise levels factory tested)
- Weight: 19.6kg
- Guarantee: 2 year
Auxiliary: This warm air curtain can be remotely controlled via the BN Thermic controllers such as a thermostat (CX1), a tamper resistant thermostat (CX2), a controller without thermostat (CX3), a digital programmable thermostat (CX6), or an an optional remote sensor (CXS).
Need more detailed specs?
Sparks Direct delivers via courier to the UK only; the standard delivery charge is £6 + VAT for all orders under £100 + VAT. If your order is over £120, you get free delivery (unless there's a special delivery charge for the items you wish to order or you're in shipping zone C or D). Full details for shipping charges can be found via Terms and Conditions.
If the items you order are in stock and the order is placed before 1.00pm, delivery can be made within 1-2 working days. If the items are not in stock, we will inform you via email how long it will take or ask for your confirmation if there's a long lead time.
We offer 30-day returns for unwanted items - please email us to request a returns number which will need to be quoted when the items are returned. For faulty items or items damaged in transit, please advise via email, and an appropriate returns number will be provided. Full details concerning returns and refunds can be found via our Terms and Conditions.