This is the CP Electronics GESM Push button, IP54 rated, surface mounted ceiling PIR - occupancy sensor - in white, round. Part of the Green-i range of energy saving devices from CP Electronics. It is suitable for controlling incandescent, fluorescent, CFL, and LED lighting, and it can be used for resistive heaters. With its easy push button set up, coupled with a two part surface mount body, this PIR occupancy sensor is ideal for first fix installation.
This surface mounted GESM movement sensor is designed to provide automatic control of lighting, heating or ventilation loads. It detects movement using a PIR sensor and turns the load on. When an area is no longer occupied the load will switch off after an adjustable time out period.
An adjustable internal light sensor provides additional energy saving in lighting applications. When an area is occupied, lighting is only switched on when the level of natural light falls below a preset level.
When the sensor is first powered up the PIR sensor will always detect immediately regardless of whether the room is occupied.
IP54 Surface Mounted PIR Movement Sensor - sensor functionality
- Movement Detection: When movement is detected the load will automatically turn on. When the area is no longer occupied the load will automatically switch off after an adjustable time period.
- Lux level switching: The GESM has a built-in adjustable lux sensor which will keep the lighting switched off if there is sufficient natural light. The Lux level is set using the Lux Button on the front of the sensor
GESM Round PIR Occupancy Sensor IP54 - Key features
- Presence detection and lux level sensing – auto on, auto off
- It works with any type of lamp, including LED
- You can adjust time delay and lux settings via push buttons
- It has lockable settings
- IP rating: IP54 rated
- It has an iIntegral power supply
- It is suitable for lighting, heating or ventilation
- It comes with a 5 year manufacturer warranty
IP54 Surface Mounted PIR Movement Sensor - Specs
- Weight: 0.15kg
- Supply Voltage: 230VAC +/- 10%
- Frequency: 50Hz
- Circuit protection: 10A
- Load rating at 230V AC:
- 10A incandescent lighting
- 6A fluorescent lighting (max 6 fittings recommended)
- 3A CFL and LED lighting, low energy lighting; 3 Amp low voltage lighting (switch primary of transformer)
- 3 Amp fans and ventilation equipment Switch SON lighting loads via a contactor Minimum load 100mA
- 10A Resistive Heaters
Note: For fluorescent lighting total power factor correction capacitance must not exceed 40µF
- Time delay: 10s - 30min
- Power consumption: On 572mW, Off 670mW
- Terminal Capacity: 2.5mm2
- Temperature: -10ºC to 35ºC
- Humidity: 5 to 95% non-condensing
- Material (casing): Flame retardant ABS and PC/ABS
- Type: Class 2 electrical rated
- IP rating: IP40 rated without gasket. IP54 with gasket.
- Compliance: EMC-2004/108/EC, LVD-2006/95/EC, CE Mark