Upon testing and without metallic contact, the lamp lights immediately where there is a magnetic field (e.g. an activated coil in a solenoid valve). Equipment can be tested without having to switch it off and magnetic coils can often be tested through their protective cover, saving hours of dismantling time.
The Magnet Stick responds to all kinds of magnetic fields from alternating or direct current, to permanent magnets.
- Powerful red light in the tip to indicate presence of a magnetic field
- Easy to use
- Solenoid valves in pneumatic and hydraulic control equipment can easily be tested
- Test relays with coils and electrically controlled solenoid valves in all types of vehicles and machines
- Test solenoid valves when servicing oil burnerss
- Testing operating solenoid valves in pneumatic and hydraulic control equipment
- Testing relays with coils and electrically-controlled solenoid valves in all types of vehicles and machines
- Testing solenoid valves when servicing oil burners
- Sensitivity: 300 Gauss, (0,3 mT)V
- Response Time: Immediate
- Intrinsically Safe: No
- Power Requirements: 2 x AAA (LR03) batteries (supplied)
- Relative Humidity: 80% @ 30°C, 50% @ 40°C
- Operating Temperature: -20 ~ +50°C
- Overvoltage: CAT III 1000V AC
- Dimensions: 145(L) x 18(Ø) mm
- Weight: 35g (including batteries)
Sparks Direct delivers via courier to the UK only; the standard delivery charge is £6 + VAT for all orders under £100 + VAT. If your order is over £120, you get free delivery (unless there's a special delivery charge for the items you wish to order or you're in shipping zone C or D). Full details for shipping charges can be found via Terms and Conditions.
If the items you order are in stock and the order is placed before 1.00pm, delivery can be made within 1-2 working days. If the items are not in stock, we will inform you via email how long it will take or ask for your confirmation if there's a long lead time.
We offer 30-day returns for unwanted items - please email us to request a returns number which will need to be quoted when the items are returned. For faulty items or items damaged in transit, please advise via email, and an appropriate returns number will be provided. Full details concerning returns and refunds can be found via our Terms and Conditions.