This is the CP electronics MWS1A-PRM for PRM switching, a long range IP40 rated wall mounted - back box mounted - microwave presence detector in white. It is a low profile detector, contemporary styled, to provide automatic control of lighting, heating, or ventilation loads via the highly sensitive microwave technology integrated.
Low power microwave signals are emitted and then measure the reflections as the signal bounce of moving objects. This CP Electronics MWS1A is optimised for wall-mounting applications where long distance detection is required, for it has a detection range of up to 25m.
Note: This presence detector from CP Electronics need to be first set up using the UHS5 infrared handset (which needs to be ordered separately).
Microwave Presence Detector for Wall Mounting - Features
- It offers presence detection via a microwave sensor for wall mounting.
- It is easy to setup using the UHS 5 infrared handset – no need to remove unit to re-program (the handset has to be ordered separately).
- Long detection range: it has a detection range of up to 25 metres
- It is suitable for heating and ventilation applications
- It is compatible with European back boxes
- When movement is detected the load is turned on. When an area is no longer occupied the load will switch off after an adjustable time out period.
- The internal light sensor provides additional energy saving in lighting applications. When an area is occupied lighting is only switched on when the level of natural light is below a preset level.
- Fixing screw cap covers – smooth plate finish
- It offers switching with lux level sensing; the lux levels can be controlled ON/OFF via the handset (optional).
- Part of the CP Electronics Green-I Energy Saving solutions and energy controls.
CP Electronics MWS1A-PRM Microwave Detector - Technical
- Model: CP Electronics MWS1A-PRM PRM switching, long range, IP40, wall, back box mounted, microwave, presence detector
- Mains voltage, switched live contact
- The Microwave Sensor: Detects movement within the unit’s detection range, allowing load control in response to changes in occupancy.
- The IR Receiver: Receives control and programming commands from an IR (infrared) handset.
- The Light Level Sensor: An integral adjustable photocell allows the lights to be kept off if there is sufficient ambient light.
- The Presence detection: When movement is detected the load will automatically turn on. When the area is no longer occupied the load will automatically switch off after an adjustable time period.
- Back box: to be ordered separately; it can fit into a BS4662 single back box, square, or a DIN standard round back box (both UK and EU style back boxes)
- Safety: The microwave radiation emitted by these units is extremely low power. At a distance of > 50mm the power density is <6% of the ANSI IEEE C95.1 –1991 recommended microwave power density. At a distance of 5mm from the unit it is <84% of recommended power density.
- Dimensions: 86mm x 86mm, 22mm projection, 23.5mm depth in the wall.
- Mains supply voltage: 230VAC +/- 10% 50Hz
- Power consumption: On 1.15W, Off 790mW
- Load: 10A of lighting or ventilation including incandescent, fluorescent, compact fluorescent, low voltage (switch primary of transformer). Fluorescent lighting (max 6 fittings recommended). For fluorescent lighting total power factor correction capacitance must not exceed 40µF. 3 Amp fans and ventilation equipment. Switch SON lighting loads via a contactor Minimum load 100mA
- Weight: 0.1kg
- Terminal capacity: 2.5mm
- Time out period: Adjustable 10 seconds to 99 minutes
- Light level: Optional adjustment by using IR programming handsets.
- Fixing method: Surface fixing 35mm deep plastic surface mount moulded box. Flush fixing 25mm steel backbox or 25mm deep cavity backbox.
- Temperature: -10ºC to 50ºC
- Humidity: 5 to 95% non-condensing
- Material (casing): Flame retardant ABS Type Class 2
- Compliance: EMC-2014/30/EU, LVD-2014/35/EU
- Safety: The microwave radiation emitted by these units is extremely low power. At a distance of > 50mm the power density is <6% of the ANSI IEEE C95.1 –1991 recommended microwave power density. At a distance of 5mm from the unit it is <84% of recommended power density
- This is a Microwave presence detector (wall mounting).