Pratley Putty Original Formula Standard Setting 125gm, High Strength Epoxy Putty Hand Mouldable
This is the Pratley 80211 Original Putty standard setting 125gm (PRA80211). Pratley Original Putty was the first of its kind in the world. This epoxy putty is hand mouldable and sets very hard. This product went to the moon - it was used on a lunar landing module!
Pratley Putty - "Original formula" (Standard Setting) is a slightly water soluble (before it cures) hand mouldable high performance putty-like adhesive. It is ideal for use under water but can also be used for filling, sealing, building up and bonding almost any rigid material.
Pratley Putty Original Formula - Features and Benefits
- Can be smoothed and shaped with a wet finger or spatula.
- Excellent adhesive strength.
- Bonds well to most rigid materials.
- Can be filed, sawn, drilled and machined.
- Sets slowly (gels in approx. 50 mins, sets hard in 4h, full strength 48h) - ideal for large jobs.
- Very hard and abrasion resistant
- Hand mouldable adhesive which sets very hard
- Sets ivory white.
- Good shelf life
- Non flammable
- Ideal for under water use
- Can be filed, sawn, machined, sanded, drilled and tapped
- Adheres to: Metals, cement, concrete, stone, glass, slate, wood and most other rigid materials.
Suggested use for Pratley Putty Original Formula (standard setting)
- Repair underwater leaks
- Repair cracked concrete swimming pools (substrate must be coherent).
- Mend broken roof tiles
- Seal metal water tanks or gutters
- Mend chipped and broken washbasins or toilets
- Repair broken engine sumps and radiators
- Seal around sink and basin outlets.
- Seal petrol tanks and fuel lines.
- Emergency repairs to metal work.
- Fix cement garden furniture.
- Mend broken electrical insulators.
This putty is NOT recommended for bonding of rearview mirrors to windscreens, exhaust pipes (due to high temperature), polypropylene and polyethylene plastics, and continuous use over 100 deg Celsius.
Need more detailed specs?
Sparks Direct delivers via courier to the UK only; the standard delivery charge is £6 + VAT for all orders under £100 + VAT. If your order is over £120, you get free delivery (unless there's a special delivery charge for the items you wish to order or you're in shipping zone C or D). Full details for shipping charges can be found via Terms and Conditions.
If the items you order are in stock and the order is placed before 1.00pm, delivery can be made within 1-2 working days. If the items are not in stock, we will inform you via email how long it will take or ask for your confirmation if there's a long lead time.
We offer 30-day returns for unwanted items - please email us to request a returns number which will need to be quoted when the items are returned. For faulty items or items damaged in transit, please advise via email, and an appropriate returns number will be provided. Full details concerning returns and refunds can be found via our Terms and Conditions.