Pratley Steel Putty 125g, Quickset Hand Mouldable Steel Colour Metal Filler and Mender
This item requires:
This is the Pratley 84136 Quickset Steel Putty 125gm (PRA84136), a hand mouldable putty which sets like steel - and even matches the color or steel!
Pratley Steel Putty is an exceptionally high strength, hand mouldable, putty-like adhesive. Mixing equal proportions of the resin and hardener supplied in the form of sticks yields a highly versatile, medium speed putty with a 1001 uses.
Pratley Steel Putty - Features and Benefits
- Very high strength.
- It cures at medium speed
- It is a hand mouldable putty which sets like steel and matches the color of steel.
- It is exceptionally workable, yet when set it is an incredibly strong adhesive.
- Adheres to most rigid materials.
- Once set can be sawn, filed, machined, sanded.
- Accepts paint.
- Good electrical insulator.
- Will set under water.
- Withstands most chemicals, mild acids, oil, petrol, etc.
- Can be smoothed and shaped with a wet finger or spatula.
- Hand mouldable putty which sets like steel and matches the colour of steel
- Exceptionally workable, yet when set it is an incredibly strong adhesive
- Can be filed, sawn, machined, sanded, drilled and tapped
- Withstands most chemicals, mild alkalines, oils and petrol.
- Adheres to: Most rigid materials
- Sets hard in ± 45 minutes (at 23°C).
- Should be applied within 15 minutes of mixing.
- Reaches 75% strength in ± 3 hours.
- Reaches full strength in ± 5 hours.
Suggested use for the Pratley Steel Putty Quickset
- Repair engine crankcase
- Repair machine castings
- Repair radiator header tanks
- Make fishing sinkers with embedded swivels
- Seal metal water tanks and cracked motor car sumps.
- Repair metal castings
- Replace broken handles and knobs on utensils.
- Repair ceramic fuse holders and insulators.
- Repair car radiators and leaking petrol tanks.
- Mend garden implements and metal watering cans.
- Re-fit loose screws.
- Make your own models and sculptures.
- Not recommended for:
- Bonding of rearview mirrors to windscreens.
- Very high temperature above 120°C continuous (e.g. exhaust pipes)
- Flexible materials.
Need more detailed specs?
Sparks Direct delivers via courier to the UK only; the standard delivery charge is £6 + VAT for all orders under £100 + VAT. If your order is over £120, you get free delivery (unless there's a special delivery charge for the items you wish to order or you're in shipping zone C or D). Full details for shipping charges can be found via Terms and Conditions.
If the items you order are in stock and the order is placed before 1.00pm, delivery can be made within 1-2 working days. If the items are not in stock, we will inform you via email how long it will take or ask for your confirmation if there's a long lead time.
We offer 30-day returns for unwanted items - please email us to request a returns number which will need to be quoted when the items are returned. For faulty items or items damaged in transit, please advise via email, and an appropriate returns number will be provided. Full details concerning returns and refunds can be found via our Terms and Conditions.