This is the Pratley 84136 Quickset Steel Putty 125gm (PRA84136), a hand mouldable putty which sets like steel - and even matches the color or steel!
Pratley Steel Putty is an exceptionally high strength, hand mouldable, putty-like adhesive. Mixing equal proportions of the resin and hardener supplied in the form of sticks yields a highly versatile, medium speed putty with a 1001 uses.
Pratley Steel Putty - Features and Benefits
- Very high strength.
- It cures at medium speed
- It is a hand mouldable putty which sets like steel and matches the color of steel.
- It is exceptionally workable, yet when set it is an incredibly strong adhesive.
- Adheres to most rigid materials.
- Once set can be sawn, filed, machined, sanded.
- Accepts paint.
- Good electrical insulator.
- Will set under water.
- Withstands most chemicals, mild acids, oil, petrol, etc.
- Can be smoothed and shaped with a wet finger or spatula.
- Hand mouldable putty which sets like steel and matches the colour of steel
- Exceptionally workable, yet when set it is an incredibly strong adhesive
- Can be filed, sawn, machined, sanded, drilled and tapped
- Withstands most chemicals, mild alkalines, oils and petrol.
- Adheres to: Most rigid materials
- Sets hard in ± 45 minutes (at 23°C).
- Should be applied within 15 minutes of mixing.
- Reaches 75% strength in ± 3 hours.
- Reaches full strength in ± 5 hours.
Suggested use for the Pratley Steel Putty Quickset
- Repair engine crankcase
- Repair machine castings
- Repair radiator header tanks
- Make fishing sinkers with embedded swivels
- Seal metal water tanks and cracked motor car sumps.
- Repair metal castings
- Replace broken handles and knobs on utensils.
- Repair ceramic fuse holders and insulators.
- Repair car radiators and leaking petrol tanks.
- Mend garden implements and metal watering cans.
- Re-fit loose screws.
- Make your own models and sculptures.
- Not recommended for:
- Bonding of rearview mirrors to windscreens.
- Very high temperature above 120°C continuous (e.g. exhaust pipes)
- Flexible materials.