This is the Rako RMT500, a compact 500W RF dimmer designed to fit through a standard down-light cut-out and working with dimmable GU10 LED lamps, tungsten, and low voltage halogen lamps. It uses trailing edge dimming technology, which gives it smooth quiet dimming of electronic transformer fed loads and it maximises dimming performance of most GU10 LED downlights.
This wireless dimmer is connected in-line before the first light fitting in order to enable dimming of up to 500W of trailing edge dimmable loads, and it can be controlled from any Rako Rakom RF device, for example the Rako RCP/RCM push button RF wall-plates.
Rako RMT500 Trailing Edge Dimmer - Features and Benefits
- The Rako RMT500 in-line RF dimmer is ideal for use with GU10 LED lamps, Tungsten, low-voltage halogen lamps, and other trailing edge dimmable loads.
- The Rako RMT500 dimmer can be controlled from any Rako transmitter such as RCM/RCP wallplates, RAH hand-helds and Bridge modules and forms the foundation of any Rako wireless scene-set system.
- Easy set-up and manual On/Off control using the set-up button.
- Full rising clamp terminals and mounting bracket for easy installation.
- It can be programmed using either an RCM/RCP RF wall-plate or RASOFT PC software suite, the RMT500 stores the House, Room and Channel address plus 16 preset scene levels in a non-volatile memory.
- Size: it is small enough to fit in a ceiling void or a cupboard and at the same time control up to 500W of mains dimmable lighting loads.
- Usage outdoors: it can be used also for exterior lighting control applications (if you use an additional weatherproof IP rated enclosure).
Note: the Rako RMT500 is NOT suitable for use with inductive loads, electric motors, or wire-wound loads.
Rako RMT500 500VA Wireless Trailing Edge Dimmer - Technical
- Load: min 1W max. 500VA (refer to Rako when dimming GU10 style LEDs)
- Mains voltage supply: 230V AC +/-10% 50Hz
- Dimensions: 138mm x 46mm x 40mm
- Connections: 3 way screw terminals for mains power
- Housing material: UL V0 material
- Protection: Auto resetting over current protection, Auto thermal shutdown, Voltage surge protection
- Loads taken: Mains Dimmable LEDs, Incandescent mains voltage lamps, Tungsten halogen GU10 lamps, Trailing edge dimmable LV transformers, and Trailing edge dimmable cold cathode
- Wireless communication: Rakom coded FM radio, 433.9MHz; they can be controlled by any Rako device that transmits wireless RAKOM messages.
- Memory: Flash memory (non volatile)
- Weight: 120g
- Climate temperature range: +2C to +40C
- Terminal sizes: 4mm2
- Standards: Emissions EN61000-6-3 : 2001, Immunity EN61000-6-1 : 2001
- Humidity +5% to 95% non-condensing