Rako RMT500 1-500W in-line RF Dimmer for Trailing Edge Dimmable GU10 LED Lamps, Tungsten, LV Halogen
This is the Rako RMT500, a compact 500W RF dimmer designed to fit through a standard down-light cut-out and working with dimmable GU10 LED lamps, tungsten, and low voltage halogen lamps. It uses trailing edge dimming technology, which gives it smooth quiet dimming of electronic transformer fed loads and it maximises dimming performance of most GU10 LED downlights.
This wireless dimmer is connected in-line before the first light fitting in order to enable dimming of up to 500W of trailing edge dimmable loads, and it can be controlled from any Rako Rakom RF device, for example the Rako RCP/RCM push button RF wall-plates.
Rako RMT500 Trailing Edge Dimmer - Features and Benefits
- The Rako RMT500 in-line RF dimmer is ideal for use with GU10 LED lamps, Tungsten, low-voltage halogen lamps, and other trailing edge dimmable loads.
- The Rako RMT500 dimmer can be controlled from any Rako transmitter such as RCM/RCP wallplates, RAH hand-helds and Bridge modules and forms the foundation of any Rako wireless scene-set system.
- Easy set-up and manual On/Off control using the set-up button.
- Full rising clamp terminals and mounting bracket for easy installation.
- It can be programmed using either an RCM/RCP RF wall-plate or RASOFT PC software suite, the RMT500 stores the House, Room and Channel address plus 16 preset scene levels in a non-volatile memory.
- Size: it is small enough to fit in a ceiling void or a cupboard and at the same time control up to 500W of mains dimmable lighting loads.
- Usage outdoors: it can be used also for exterior lighting control applications (if you use an additional weatherproof IP rated enclosure).
Note: the Rako RMT500 is NOT suitable for use with inductive loads, electric motors, or wire-wound loads.
Rako RMT500 500VA Wireless Trailing Edge Dimmer - Technical
- Load: min 1W max. 500VA (refer to Rako when dimming GU10 style LEDs)
- Mains voltage supply: 230V AC +/-10% 50Hz
- Dimensions: 138mm x 46mm x 40mm
- Connections: 3 way screw terminals for mains power
- Housing material: UL V0 material
- Protection: Auto resetting over current protection, Auto thermal shutdown, Voltage surge protection
- Loads taken: Mains Dimmable LEDs, Incandescent mains voltage lamps, Tungsten halogen GU10 lamps, Trailing edge dimmable LV transformers, and Trailing edge dimmable cold cathode
- Wireless communication: Rakom coded FM radio, 433.9MHz; they can be controlled by any Rako device that transmits wireless RAKOM messages.
- Memory: Flash memory (non volatile)
- Weight: 120g
- Climate temperature range: +2C to +40C
- Terminal sizes: 4mm2
- Standards: Emissions EN61000-6-3 : 2001, Immunity EN61000-6-1 : 2001
- Humidity +5% to 95% non-condensing
Sparks Direct delivers via courier to the UK only; the standard delivery charge is £6 + VAT for all orders under £100 + VAT. If your order is over £120, you get free delivery (unless there's a special delivery charge for the items you wish to order or you're in shipping zone C or D). Full details for shipping charges can be found via Terms and Conditions.
If the items you order are in stock and the order is placed before 1.00pm, delivery can be made within 1-2 working days. If the items are not in stock, we will inform you via email how long it will take or ask for your confirmation if there's a long lead time.
We offer 30-day returns for unwanted items - please email us to request a returns number which will need to be quoted when the items are returned. For faulty items or items damaged in transit, please advise via email, and an appropriate returns number will be provided. Full details concerning returns and refunds can be found via our Terms and Conditions.