Sparks Electrical Wholesalers Ltd. also trades as Sparks Direct, not being linked with other companies that have a similar name.
Read our Terms and Conditions regarding:
About the Orders
Orders can be placed via our secure website. We do not take orders by phone. After placing an order on our website, we will confirm it by email or phone within 1 working day. We reserve the right to cancel any order placed on our website.
Sparks Direct's Obligations
- The stock quotes on our website may vary; in our confirmation email we will be more specific.
- We will process the order in one working day and inform you concerning the stock, delivery, and any special situations [[ by email/phone ]].
- If the product/s ordered are in stock, they can be delivered in 3 working days maximum; however, this is not guaranteed. While we endeavour to achieve deliveries as speedily as possible, sometimes acts of nature can work against us and deliveries may take a little longer. If they are not in stock, delivery may take up to 7 days. If delivery is expected to take more than 2-3 weeks, we will ask for your confirmation, and we will take the payment after you have confirmed that this is O.K.
- We will take payment from your account only when the products are ready for shipment.
- We will inform you of the shipping details, including the shipment consignment number, so that you can track your order.
- For security reasons, we will only ship the orders to the credit/debit card billing address.
- Concerning the WEEE Directives and the WEEE marked items - see Sparks Direct's Policy.
- You agree to pay the full listed price of the products you would like to acquire from our website.
- You agree to receive the shipped goods between 8.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, at the specified address and sign for the parcel. If you are not available, or the parcel has not arrived in the specified time frame, it is your duty to inform us by phone or email as soon as possible (within 1 working day).
- It is your duty to check the goods as soon as they are delivered to you, and to report any damaged, faulty, or missing items within no more than 3 days; see below for more details.
- If you chose the "In-Store Pickup" option, the cardholder will need to bring the same debit/credit card that was used for the purchase for verification. In store, we will record the card details and a signature must be provided.
- Concerning WEEE rated items: you can return old-for-new, like-for-like WEEE marked items to us.
Sparks Directs delivers to the UK only. If your order is £100 + VAT (£120 VAT inc) or over, there will be no delivery charge (if your Delivery Address is within zones A and B).
Delivery charges will be calculated based on your postcode (see the table below). Standard delivery is charged at £6.00 + VAT for all UK mainland orders (England, Wales, and parts of Scotland, see zone A and B below).
Orders for Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Islands, Isle of Man, and Channel Islands will incur a higher delivery charge, which will be reflected automatically on the website.
|£6.00 (ex VAT)
All post codes in England & Wales
|£6.00 (ex VAT)
KA (Except KA27 & KA28)
AB1 to AB16
AB21 to AB25
PA1 to PA19
PH1 to PH3
|£19.00 (ex VAT)
AB31 to AB38
AB40 to AB56
IV1 to IV28
IV30 to IV32
IV52 to IV54
KW1 to KW14
PA21 to PA38
PH4 to PH41
PH49 to PH50
BT (Northern Ireland)
|£22.00 (ex VAT)
IV41 to IV49
KA27 to KA28
KW15 to KW17
PA41 to PA49
PA60 to PA78
PH42 to PH44
IM (Isle of Man)
PO (Isle of Wight)
Returns, Faulty Items, and Unwanted Items
Note: do not return faulty or unwanted items to us without first obtaining a returns number. We are not responsible for any items that are returned to us if no returns number has been given to us.
To return unwanted, incorrect, or faulty items back to us, you will first need to obtain a Returns Number by emailing us at email@example.com with the details of your order and the reason you want to return the item/s. Please note, we do not take back unwanted light bulbs or LED lamps (unless they are faulty).
- If the items you have received are faulty or damaged, you have the obligation to notify us by email as soon as possible.
- If the items you have bought are damaged, we will replace them. If the items become faulty within 30 days, we will replace them free of charge. After the 30 days period, you will have to send them back to us, and we will replace them (you will be responsible for the carriage charge).
- Damaged items can be either refunded or replaced; in either case, please contact us to obtain a returns number and upon receipt and inspection, and we will replace or refund the faulty fitting. If the item is found not to be faulty or misused beyond the limits of everyday use, the items will be returned and you will be responsible for the carriage costs.
- According to the Distance Selling Regulations (Sale of Goods Act), we at Sparks offer a 30-day no-quibble returns guarantee; if the items are faulty within 30 calendar days from receiving them, you can return them for a full refund or for replacement.
- If the items you have received are faulty or damaged, you have the obligation to notify us by email as soon as possible.
- In all cases, the manufacturer's guarantee passes to the end user. If the items are damaged or faulty after 30 days, we will pass on the manufacturer's contact details, so that you can resolve the issue with them directly.
- Please note: Faulty items may need to be returned to the manufacturer for testing - if the items are found faulty, we will replace the item free of charge; if they are not found faulty, a minimum charge of £10 + VAT will be incurred to cover delivery costs.
- If within 30 days from receiving your order you decide you do not want the items you ordered, please contact us by email or phone and we will confirm the return of the items (you will support the carriage expenses). The items must be in their original packaging; we reserve the right to deny the refund if the items are not in a re-saleable condition.
- If the items you ordered are on a special order, if they are customised for you, or they are on orders where there was no carriage charge, there will be a 15% handling charge applied. In the instance where the carriage charge was not charged, this will be deducted from the total.
- If the items you ordered clearly state in their description that they are non-returnable, then we cannot take them back for a refund.
If No-One is Home to Receive the Parcel
- Two attempts will be made by the courier to deliver the parcel/s. After the second attempt no-one is home to receive the parcel/s, the parcel/s will be returned to us. Any parcels that are returned due to non-delivery will incur a charge of £15 + VAT. If you would like us to send it to you again, you will be charged a further £6.00 + VAT for the carriage of the redelivery.
- After 90 days, if the order is still not picked up in our store and there is no communication, we cannot be held responsible for the items on your order (they may be disposed of with no refund of the order).
If you change your mind about an online order, you have the right to cancel your order without paying anything within a 7 working day "cooling-off" period. For more information, visit the Office of Fair Trading's website.
- We will treat all your personal information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation.
- When you shop on this website, we will ask you for personal information including:
- Your name
- E-mail address
- Billing address
- Delivery address
- Telephone number
- Product selections
- Credit card or other payment information
- A password
- We will use your information for the following purposes only:
- Processing your orders
- For statistical purposes to improve this website and its services to you
- To serve website content and advertisements to you
- To administer this website
- To notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest
- You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes by telephone, e-mail or in writing, and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999.
- If we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal and/or user Information, we are entitled do so.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our officers, directors, employees, agents, and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your personal information.
- To be eligible to purchase products on this website and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this website under English law you must:
- Register by providing your real name, phone number, e-mail address, payment details and other requested information
- Be over 18 years of age
- Stipulate a delivery address in the United Kingdom. Please note that PO box numbers, hotels and accommodation addresses are not acceptable
- Possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us.
- By making an offer to buy a product, you specifically authorise us to transmit information (including any updated information) or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to your debit or credit card number or credit reports, to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
- For users 16 and Under: if you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent or guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information on our website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
- Note: we do NOT store any credit card information; we use SagePay as a payment gateway for all the online payments, and they are a secure system.
Data Protection and GDPR
All the personal information you provide us via our website will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1998. If you wish to find out the personal information collected from you via this website, or if you have any enquiry or concern regarding the processing of your personal data by Sparks Electrical Wholesalers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write us at,
Sparks Electrical Wholesalers Ltd
669-671 Holloway Road
London, N19 5SE
Subject Access Request: If you wish to have a copy of the information we hold about you, we can provide you with a legible copy of your personal information we hold provided you contact us concerning this at email@example.com with the subject "Subject Access Request (SAR)" and a short description of your request, and it will be sent to you within 30 days of your request. There will be a £10 charge.
Who has access to your information? Your information (name, address, phone number, and email) is stored securely in our online system, and our employees who deal with online orders are the only ones who can access it. The information we hold about you is only for the purpose of accounting, processing the orders, and improving your experience on our website. We also share your email address and the items you order with third party such as Feefo.com and Google Reviews for collecting review via email.
How can you update your details with us? If you wish to update or change the details we hold about you, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full details, and we will update them
How can you remove all your details from our database? To remove all your details from our database, you can email us to email@example.com with the subject "Remove my Details", giving us the details you want us to remove, and we will do so within 30 days.
- We reserve the right to withdraw any products from this website at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on this website.
- We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion.
- We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any product from this website whether or not that product has been sold, removing or editing any materials or content on the Website, or refusing to process a transaction or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
- Each product purchased is sold subject to its product description which sets out additional specific conditions related to that product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times, warranties, after-sales service and guarantees.
- We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, pictures, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the website are correct at the time the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the website as up-to-date as possible, the information including product descriptions and pictures appearing on this website at a particular time may not always reflect the information exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a product until your order is accepted in accordance with our order acceptance policy.
- To provide increased value to our users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website, we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for:
- (i) the privacy practices of such websites,
- (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, or
- (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.