This is a pack of 10 fluid-resistant disposable surgical face mask type II R EN14683 certified with earloop to reduce the risk of contamination, preventing the droplets being expelled into the enviornment by wearer.
It prevents exposure to contaminants and germs from others, like sneezing and coughing.
Important note: These masks have different layer materials and thickness to correctly reach Type II R Mask (EN14683) certification.
Disposable Surgical Face Mask Type II R - Specs
- Integrated nose bridge moulds to your face to fit perfectly
- Latex-free elastic band
- Universal size fits all
- Easy and comfortable to wear
- Light blue colour
- Non sterile
- CE Compliant
- Complies with BS EN 14683 standard Type II R certification
- Medical Directive 93/42/EEC
- Complies with EN149:2001+A1:2009
- PPE directive 2016/425/EU
- Quality Management ISO 13485 Certified
- Bacterial filtration efficiency EN14683: 2019 Annex B (BFE) exceeds ≥ 98%
- Breathability: EN14683:2019 Annex C 26.7 Pa/cm2
- Splash resistance ≥ 16kpa. In accordance with ISO 22609:2004
- Microbial cleanliness: ENISO11737-2018 <20 cfu/g
- Biocompatibility: EN ISO10993
- 3 ply filler construction, type II-filtration exceeds 98% (meltblown filler)
- Outer layer: PP Non-woven 25 gsm
- Middle layer: Melt blown 25gsm
- Inner layer PP Non-woven 25gsm
- Size 175mm x 95mm
These face masks are ideal for everyday use in public, they are easy and comfortable to wear, thanks to their soft, elasticated latex free ear loops and lightweight design. These masks are 3 ply breathable with an integrated nose clip, the masks have been manufactured with different layer materials and thickness to ensure full compliance with type II R EN14683 certification.
Odourless and hypoallergenic 1 size fits all ensuring you are protected with the comfortable fit and filtering system with these face masks achieving a (BFE) exceeding 98% in certified tests.
The masks are not individually wrapped. Please note, due to the hygienic and contamination control properties of this product it is non-returnable.
Medical Grade Face Masks - Instructions for Use and Storage
- Wearing the disposable surgical mask should be done in conjunction with regular hand washing.
- Wash hands thoroughly before putting on a mask, and again before and after taking one off. The coloured side of the mask faces outwards with the nose strip and thicker white band at the top.
- Firstly, put the mask over your mouth, tucking the ear loops over and behind your ears. The loops should hold the mask firmly on your face.
- Then, you should hold the top and bottom of the mask and unfold it so that it covers your nose, mouth and chin.
- Important note, the folds should go downwards for the outer surface. Wearing the mask upside down could result in the mask being a container for droplets, bacteria and viruses.
- Finally, mould the nose strip to your nose and ensure the mask is not excessively loose.
- The disposable face mask is designed for single use only and should be disposed of after use.
- Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight. Keep away from sources of ozone or ignition.
Disposal of your surgical mask after use
- The mask should be removed chin upwards taking care not to touch the front portion while taking off the mask.
- After taking the mask off, please fold it half inwards, ensuring that droplets from mouth and nose are not exposed, then, fold the mask into another half, until it looks like a roll.
- The mask can also be wrapped with its ear loops so that it will not unravel, then wrap the mask in a tissue paper or polythene bag and immediately discard into the waste bin.