Aico Ei650 Battery-operated Optical Smoke Alarm with Sealed in 10-year Lithium Battery
(over £100+VAT, applies to zones A&B only , £6 +VAT otherwise)
Order online & collect in store
The Aico Ei650 Optical Alarm is best for detecting slow, smouldering fires commonly produced by electrical fires or sofas and is less likely to react to cooking smells if fitted in the hallway next to the kitchen.
Please note: this item is non-returnable; due to the nature of this item, it has an electronic component and sensor, and we cannot take this item back for a refund as "unwanted".
This battery powered alarm contains sealed in, tamper proof lithium battery that will last for the full 10 year life of the alarm. The alarm is not powered until it is twisted on the mounting base, thus avoiding battery power consumption during storage and prior to installation.
The Ei650i Battery Optical Alarm operates on the light scatter principle to detect smoke particles entering the optical chamber. This optical alarm is sensitive to all domestic fire types but is especially sensitive to visible smoldering fires.
The Aico Ei650i is fitted with a large easy to use Test/Hush button to facilitate frequent testing of the alarm. The Test button can also be used to silence nuisance alarms, e.g. cooking fumes, for a 10-minute period. The sounder will automatically stop sounding when smoke particles are no longer present in the chamber.
The Ei650i is fitted with a large easy to use Test/Hush button to facilitate frequent testing of the alarm. The Test button can also be used to silence nuisance alarms, e.g. cooking fumes, for a 10-minute period. The sounder will automatically stop sounding when smoke particles are no longer present in the chamber.
The Ei650i Battery Optical Alarm performs a self-check its chamber sensor, battery voltage and internal circuitry every 40 seconds. Any fault condition found will be indicated by a combination of red LED flashes and/or audible beeps.
Please note that the 10-year guarantee period is from the year of the manufacture and not from the year of purchase. Therefore, if the alarm is purchased 5 years after the manufacture (for example), the guarantee is only for 5 years.
Aico Ei650 Battery Optical Smoke Alarm - Features
- Battery powered for life with a sealed 10-year lithium battery
- High performance optical chamber, best for slow smoldering fires (e.g. sofas, TV)
- Easy to install, no wiring required
- Large easy to use Test/ Hush button
- Silence nuisance/ false alarms
- Built in Piezoelectric horn
- Alarm fault warnings
- Aesthetically pleasing, compact design
- 10 Year life
- Ideal for fitting in the hallway, in the landing area, in the living room, and in the dining room.
Aico Ei605 Optical Smoke Alarm - Technical Specifications
- Supply Type: Optical Chamber
- Battery: 3V Lithium Battery (non replaceable)
- Sound Level: 85 dB(A) at 3 metres
- Temperature: Operating -0 to 40°C
- Storage: 0 to 35°C (in a dry area)
- Humidity Range: 15% to 95% R.H. non condensing
- Button Test: Simulates the effect of smoke and checks chamber, electronics and horn
- Self-Test: Smoke chamber, battery and electronics are automatically tested every 40 seconds
- Indicator LED’s: Red - Alarm, Low battery, Fault
- Memory: Red LED will flash twice every 16 seconds indicating recent Alarm event
- Plastic Material: HIP UL 94 HB Flame Retardant
- Dimensions: Product – 115mm(D) x 50mm(H)
- Weight: 185g
- CE Mark
- Warranty: 5 year (limited) warranty
Need more detailed specs?
Sparks Direct delivers via courier to the UK only; the standard delivery charge is £6 + VAT for all orders under £100 + VAT. If your order is over £120, you get free delivery (unless there's a special delivery charge for the items you wish to order or you're in shipping zone C or D). Full details for shipping charges can be found via Terms and Conditions.
If the items you order are in stock and the order is placed before 1.00pm, delivery can be made within 1-2 working days. If the items are not in stock, we will inform you via email how long it will take or ask for your confirmation if there's a long lead time.
We offer 30-day returns for unwanted items - please email us to request a returns number which will need to be quoted when the items are returned. For faulty items or items damaged in transit, please advise via email, and an appropriate returns number will be provided. Full details concerning returns and refunds can be found via our Terms and Conditions.