1 Gang Momentary Switch Unlacquered Brass Plate and Button, Single Button Dimmer Controller
This item requires:
This is the Forbes and Lomax 1GBELL/U, a one gang momentary switch on a unlacquered brass plate, single button dimmer controller, manufactured by Forbes and Lomax. The Unlacquered Brass range has plates that are designed to mellow with age if left unpolished. This is particularly suitable to period buildings where a bright brass look would be less desirable.
The Forbes and Lomax Button dimmers
- Standards, Approvals & Directives: Button dimmer Conforms to BS EN 60669 - 1: 1999 when assembled to appropriate plate and grid and installed correctly. ASTA Certificate No: 16240
- Button dimmers are manufactured from brass and finished to complement or match the cover plates.
- They feature a solid brass button
- All products clearly printed with BSNo’s, ratings, etc
- They are contact-closure momentary switch
- Button dimmers are screwed to appropriate grids.
- All the Forbes and Lomax buttons are available in the complete range of plate finishes: Unlacquered Brass, Antique Bronze, Stainless Steel, Polished Nickel, Verdigris and Invisible.
- Supply voltage: 250V AC, 50Hz
- Current rating: 4A
- Ambient operating temperature: -5 degrees to 40 degrees Celsius
- Max. installation altitude: 2000m
- IP Rating: IP2XD
- No of operations: 40.000
- Terminal capacity: 3 x 1mm (Flex), 2 x 1mm (Solid), 2 x 1.5mm (Solid), 1 x 2mm (solid), and 1 x 2.5mm (Solid).
- Button dimmer dimensions: 23mm width x 50.3mm height x 30.5mm depth.
Alternatively, the plates can easily be polished to give a shiny look should this be required. Although traditional in appearance, the variety of unlacquered brass products we have will meet all the demands of modern living.
All momentary switches (contact-closure switches) require an in-line dimming pack to enable them to work as a dimmer, or a relay pack to have an ON/OFF function. The button dimmer controller allows dimming from more than one location, and it can be used to control home automation systems.
- Manufactured by Forbes and Lomax
- This is a Forbes & Lomax button dimmer - one gang momentary switch
- Dimensions: 22.2mm diameter button dimmer, with no plastic trim.
- Finish: unlacquered brass plate
- All Forbes and Lomax switches and sockets require British standard 35mm deep flush wall boxes.
Please note: The button dimmer / momentary switch will only work in conjunction with an inline dimmer (see the required items). The way it works is: one in-line dimmer (impulse dimmer) per button dimmer. For 50-1000W 4A dimming you can order the ID0401 and for LED dimming you can use ID0101LE.
|Switches & Sockets Specific|
|Back Box Depth||35mm|
|Brand||Forbes and Lomax|
|Plate Dimensions||86mm x 86mm|
Need more detailed specs?
Sparks Direct delivers via courier to the UK only; the standard delivery charge is £6 + VAT for all orders under £100 + VAT. If your order is over £120, you get free delivery (unless there's a special delivery charge for the items you wish to order or you're in shipping zone C or D). Full details for shipping charges can be found via Terms and Conditions.
If the items you order are in stock and the order is placed before 1.00pm, delivery can be made within 1-2 working days. If the items are not in stock, we will inform you via email how long it will take or ask for your confirmation if there's a long lead time.
We offer 30-day returns for unwanted items - please email us to request a returns number which will need to be quoted when the items are returned. For faulty items or items damaged in transit, please advise via email, and an appropriate returns number will be provided. Full details concerning returns and refunds can be found via our Terms and Conditions.