The specifiers and the installers who choose the Multipoint detector do so secure in the knowledge that the fire detection performance of the detector can be matched to the environment in which it is installed –and changed at any time during the lifetime of the installation.
With the Sita 200 plus System a high technology approach has been adopted, with a microcomputer in each detector implementing a large degree of distributed intelligence.
The system can support 200 Multipoint combined detector/sounders on a single loop. Each one not only provides detection, but also the option of a built in sounder.
Integrity of the system is maintained by way of a built-in isolator in each device.
The Rafiki Sita system intelligence has been harnessed in such a way that equipment used is very easy to install, commission and maintain.
The system has been designed to high specification and quality standards, and is intended to fully comply with the new EN54 -2 and EN54 - 4 standards and EU directives.
Rafiki Multipoint Sita - Main Features
- Fast short circuit isolator in every device;
- 15 combinations of smoke & heat detection modes;
- Multi stage alarms - pre alarm feature;
- 7 sound patterns - plus off, 3 different volume settings – if using Sita Multipoint with integral sounder;
- Auxiliary digital inputs and outputs are available at any Addressable Multipoint device;
- Automatic continuous self calibration;
- Addressable Multipoint detector is monitored for all failures of sensor chamber - warning is indicated when a smoke detector head requires servicing;
- Maintenance is made easy with the unique disposable optical chamber, designed as a cost effective solution to cleaning and re-calibration;
- All modes are compliant with European detector type specifications, and are suitable for use in installations compliant with BS5839: Part 1: 2002;
- More details about the Rafiki Multipoint: eliminate the false alarms; more on the Rafiki detectors; The Multipoint Detector; new Multipoint ASD detectors, and the modes of detection.
Rafiki Multipoint Sita - Modes of detection
- SMOKE 1: Highly thermally enhanced optical Used where ionisation detectors are normally fitted, especially when there are high ceilings or a risk of free burning fires
- SMOKE 2: Thermally enhanced optical Used where optical detectors are normally fitted, when there is a risk of a smouldering fire and for escape routes.
- SMOKE 3: Thermally enhanced optical with pulse rejection Used where optical detectors are normally used in positions exposed to brief concentrations of water vapour or smoke e.g. from a bathroom, kettle etc.
- HEAT 1: Rate of rise to 58°C Used where a standard rate of rise detector would normally be used
- HEAT 2: Low fixed temperature 58°C Used where a standard fixed temperature heat detector would normally be fitted, suitable for kitchens etc
- HEAT 3: High fixed temperature 90°C Used where a high fixed temperature heat detector would normally be fitted, suitable for boiler rooms etc.
- Combinations Any combination of smoke and heat modes may be selected, and differing alarm responses selected for each mode. If the Multipoint with integral sounder is required, then it too can be set to a choice of 7 different sound patterns
Rafiki Multipoint Sita - models available:
- Rafiki 205 0003 smoke and heat Detector with no sounder P (Rafiki Sita Multipoint Detector Addressable);
- Rafiki 205 0001 smoke and heat detector (Rafiki Sita Multipoint Detector with Sounder, ASD detector).